Trade Ponderings Orioles Twins

Roll Tide

Found this on Fansided Puckett's Pond site

Potential Trade– Twins trade Zack Granite and John Curtiss to the Orioles for Alex Cobb. Granite is probably off the 40 man roster this offseason anyway so might as well use him in a trade. Curtiss is expendable as well with other potential upgrades to come.

1B/DH

Potential trade– Twins trade Andrew Bechtold to the Orioles for Mark Trumbo.

Potential Trade– Twins trade Luis Arraez, Zack Granite and Tyler Jay for Mychal Givens. Givens will cost significantly more than either Trumbo or Cobb due to a better contract and stats last season.

https://puckettspond.com/2018/11/09/minnesota-twins-trade-partner-baltimore-orioles/

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't do that deal for Cobb....I'd hope he rebounds and can be traded midseason for a good package.

Trumbo can be had for any player listed so long as they take his salary.

For Givens I'd ask for Nick Gordon and Tyler Jay 

or 

Arraez , Thorpe/Alcala, and a third.

to note MLB has Arraez in the middle of their top 30

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

He’s coming off the knee surgery but he will surely be 100% by spring training and he is after all a DH

You don't know that he will be 100 percent.  Highly unlikely a player his age will be 100 percent after surgery,. Anyway it won't effect his trade value as he has none. Even if the Orioles picked up 10 million of his contract no one would trade for him.  We have one more year of Trumbo.  

6 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I wouldn't do that deal for Cobb....I'd hope he rebounds and can be traded midseason for a good package.

Trumbo can be had for any player listed so long as they take his salary.

For Givens I'd ask for Nick Gordon and Tyler Jay 

or 

Arraez , Thorpe/Alcala, and a third.

to note MLB has Arraez in the middle of their top 30

The Orioles may be able to grab Jay or Arraez for nothing (100k).

The Twins have 4 spots open on their 40 man roster.

They need to protect (and will surely protect) Nick Gordon and Brusdar Graterol from the Rule 5 draft. They are very likely to protect Alcala as well.

That leaves one spot for Arraez, Jay, or Jaylin Davis. 

10 hours ago, atomic said:

You don't know that he will be 100 percent.  Highly unlikely a player his age will be 100 percent after surgery,. Anyway it won't effect his trade value as he has none. Even if the Orioles picked up 10 million of his contract no one would trade for him.  We have one more year of Trumbo.  

Mmmm, I don’t know.   If he has a decent year, I could see a team picking him up for their stretch run if we ate some of his remaining salary.   I mean, some team took Aubrey Huff off our hands when he was hitting .253/.321/.405.    Trumbo hit .261/.313/.452 last year and if he did that well or better this year some team might bite late in the year.

10 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

The Orioles may be able to grab Jay or Arraez for nothing (100k).

The Twins have 4 spots open on their 40 man roster.

They need to protect (and will surely protect) Nick Gordon and Brusdar Graterol from the Rule 5 draft. They are very likely to protect Alcala as well.

That leaves one spot for Arraez, Jay, or Jaylin Davis. 

Im really not impressed with Jay

I guess you take their potential rule 5s as throw in types but thats not the deal I'd be looking for for Givens. For Givens I'd be looking for something like Gordon, Thorpe, and Arraez or one of their rule 5 types.

I just think its a bad tome to trade Cobb ...Low .... I think you hold onto Cobb and Cashner until the deadline unless someone blows you away. We need someone to pitch 5-6 innings competently.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Mmmm, I don’t know.   If he has a decent year, I could see a team picking him up for their stretch run if we ate some of his remaining salary.   I mean, some team took Aubrey Huff off our hands when he was hitting .253/.321/.405.    Trumbo hit .261/.313/.452 last year and if he did that well or better this year some team might bite late in the year.

A lot of teams reset their Luxury Tax rate last year - so some of the big-pocketed teams may be less hesitant about adding salary. I think that works in the Orioles' favor in moving Trumbo, Cobb, and Cashner at the deadline if they perform adequately in 2019. 

Archived