Time to give the Angelos boys some credit

Diehard_O's_Fan

The Angelos boys deserve some major credit and kudos right now if you ask me. They made a major decision and a very good one if you ask me. After the decision that they just made, I hope MLB does not force the Angelos family to sell the team. I have been an Orioles fan since 1996. I believe hiring Mike Elias is the best decision the Orioles have made while I have been a fan. 

1 minute ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Angelos boys deserve some major credit and kudos right now if you ask me. They made a major decision and a very good one if you ask me. After the decision that they just made, I hope MLB does not force the Angelos family to sell the team. I have been an Orioles fan since 1996. I believe hiring Mike Elias is the best decision the Orioles have made while I have been a fan. 

Ages 50 and 48. Far older than the new front office. 

At this point, tempting a guy like Elias is a coup, but we have hired a couple pretty good baseball people in the last 25 years including Pat Gillick.  It's not the hiring, it's what comes next - following through and making the investments in areas that were promised during the hiring and giving full control of operations and the decision making process to Elias.  We are only half-way there.  I do believe Elias will get support from ownership to build things (analytics group, scounts international and domestic) as promised by the Angelos boys.

8 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Terrific point, and I'm right there with you on the best move since Pat Gillick, essentially. Although I like this move even better. And I have a feeling they're really going to let him work without too much interference. The AngelBros have my backing as a fan (for what that's worth, haha). Let's see what they can do. Off to a good start!

4 hours ago, Bradysburns said:

Terrific point, and I'm right there with you on the best move since Pat Gillick, essentially. Although I like this move even better. And I have a feeling they're really going to let him work without too much interference. The AngelBros have my backing as a fan (for what that's worth, haha). Let's see what they can do. Off to a good start!

I love what we are doing here, but can you stop pretending that AM didn’t do a great job, that DD didn’t give us some damn good years, and that Showalter didn’t help to bring credibility back to this organization.  People are acting like this team was run the past few years like the old Indians.

Archived