Rumors and News

oriolediehard

3 hours ago, interloper said:

If you want a cheap veteran presence with acceptable defense and a light bat, then just keep Caleb Joseph. I don't necessarily agree with Roch that the O's "need" to bring in a veteran catcher. They absolutely don't. It might be a good idea, but I'm pretty confident in Wynns out there man. He looks every bit the part of a catcher in control out there. I'd just as soon roll with him. 

I agree with this.  There's really no need for a veteran catcher.  At some point you have to see what you have in Sisco and Wynns.  No point in bringing in a veteran to take away at bats from those two guys. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/2/2018 at 9:36 AM, mdbdotcom said:

Caleb Joseph is a solid catcher only if there are no balls in the dirt, either from pitches or plays at the plate. His botched play at the plate in the 2014 ALCS really stung. Buck said it would be addressed in spring training. Guess that didn't happen or he couldn't get any better than he was.

Maybe they were looking to save a few hundred thousand for a backup to Sisco or Susac, as Caleb hasn't started more than 81 games since 2015.

Great guy, not a real good defensive catcher.

In what world is Susac starting over Sisco or Wynns in Baltimore?

3 hours ago, interloper said:

If you want a cheap veteran presence with acceptable defense and a light bat, then just keep Caleb Joseph. I don't necessarily agree with Roch that the O's "need" to bring in a veteran catcher. They absolutely don't. It might be a good idea, but I'm pretty confident in Wynns out there man. He looks every bit the part of a catcher in control out there. I'd just as soon roll with him. 

Caleb is terrible though.  A bad player like Caleb isnt going to provide any  veteran leadership.

33 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

In what world is Susac starting over Sisco or Wynns in Baltimore?

It's a promotional world, run by the '47 Franchise.  They absolutely want to see the Orioles continue to win 47 games a year.  Why they even have it on the hat I'm wearing right now.  I'n what world did a company know how many wins my team would have and be able to put em on the hat I bought before the season even started?????

I'm telling ya...the '47 Franchise is what world Susac is starting over Sisco, Wynns or anyone else in Baltimore.  And for the record....yeah, it's a Boston based company.  ?

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

As bad as Sisco was last season, Susac was even worse and LEFT THE TEAM. He shouldn't even be on the roster come Opening Day, if not the New Year. He pulled a Rasmus in Norfolk.

Doesn't he have concussion? Like Brian ROberts?  Only not self inflicted?

Archived