Rumors and News

oriolediehard

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, weams said:

A bat like that don't need much d. 

The problem is we need to clear space at 1B/DH.    Trumbo’s gone in a year, but that still leaves Davis and Mancini.    Hopefully the O’s will have the guts to get rid of Davis if he doesn’t improve a lot this year.   

This is more MLB news (not really Oriole-related), but I'm amazed that teams continue give long term deals like this to pitchers. I like Corbin, but he's really one had one great year. I guess timing is everything...

Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post reports that free agent starter Patrick Corbin has agreed to terms with the Nationals.

Jon Heyman of Fancred says it'll be six-year deal worth $140 million, with a small amount of that money to be deferred. Corbin was also courted by the Phillies and Yankees, among other teams, but New York would not go beyond five years and it seems that Philly was ultimately out-bid by Washington. Corbin, 29, gives the Nats a nasty trio of high-priced starters -- Max Scherzer and Stephen Strasburg being the other two. The dominoes are beginning to fall on the free agent market ahead of next week's Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. Dec 4 - 3:53 PM

15 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

This is more MLB news (not really Oriole-related), but I'm amazed that teams continue give long term deals like this to pitchers. I like Corbin, but he's really one had one great year. I guess timing is everything...

Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post reports that free agent starter Patrick Corbin has agreed to terms with the Nationals.

Jon Heyman of Fancred says it'll be six-year deal worth $140 million, with a small amount of that money to be deferred. Corbin was also courted by the Phillies and Yankees, among other teams, but New York would not go beyond five years and it seems that Philly was ultimately out-bid by Washington. Corbin, 29, gives the Nats a nasty trio of high-priced starters -- Max Scherzer and Stephen Strasburg being the other two. The dominoes are beginning to fall on the free agent market ahead of next week's Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. Dec 4 - 3:53 PM

Yeah I dunno about this deal man. He was relegated to the bullpen just a couple years ago.

If this was actually offered I'm AMAZED the Marlins didn't take this deal. 

According to Craig Mish of SiriusXM, the Braves' proposed package for Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto is built around third base prospect Austin Riley and pitching prospect Mike Soroka.

Mish says that a deal is not imminent, but he is hearing from sources that the Braves are pursuing Realmuto "as much as anyone" -- even after signing veteran catcher Brian McCann last week. Riley, a consensus top-100 prospect, batted .294/.360/.522 with 19 home runs and 70 RBI in 108 games between three different levels of the Braves' minor league system in 2018. Soroka, a consensus top-35 prospect, made his major league debut this past year at age 20 and registered a 3.51 ERA over his first 25 2/3 innings.

Personally, I don’t think this thread should devolve into a discussion of all non-Oriole related hot stove news.    That stuff belongs on the MLB board.   Actually, what the OP wanted was a place just to look at Orioles news and rumors with no commentary at all by posters.    This thread has gone exactly the opposite direction.

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Personally, I don’t think this thread should devolve into a discussion of all non-Oriole related hot stove news.    That stuff belongs on the MLB board.   Actually, what the OP wanted was a place just to look at Orioles news and rumors with no commentary at all by posters.    This thread has gone exactly the opposite direction.

Agree.

On 12/3/2018 at 3:33 PM, Legend_Of_Joey said:

In what world is Susac starting over Sisco or Wynns in Baltimore?

The world in which Wynns regresses or struggles badly and Sisco continues to set records for worse strikeout rate ever by a non-pitcher?

Now, I don't think that world is very likely and I would much rather go with Wynns as the starter right now with Susac potentially backing him up. Defensively, that's probably your best duo of the current in system options.

41 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My preference for each Orioles rumor to have it's own thread since it makes it easier to follow, but that's just me. I'm not a fan of these giant threads where if you don't check the thread for a day or so you end up 8 pages behind with half of the posts being off topic.

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

My preference for each Orioles rumor to have it's own thread since it makes it easier to follow, but that's just me. I'm not a fan of these giant threads where if you don't check the thread for a day or so you end up 8 pages behind with half of the posts being off topic.

Yeah.  That is why I hated the old Ravens official board and why it died.  All the merging of threads.  I think the moderators on this board do a great job of knowing when to merge and when to let things be separate.  

Just now, atomic said:

Yeah.  That is why I hated the old Ravens official board and why it died.  All the merging of threads.  I think the moderators on this board do a great job of knowing when to merge and when to let things be separate.  

Thanks, we try our best.

Archived