Rumors and News

oriolediehard

My preference is to bring Schoop back in the fold on a 1 or 2 year deal and move Villar to SS. If Schoop by some turn of events isn't a non-tender, then sign Iglesias  to play SS. 

I think Iglaseus is a real possibility. Houston did something similar when they signed Lowrie.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

My preference is to bring Schoop back in the fold on a 1 or 2 year deal and move Villar to SS. If Schoop by some turn of events isn't a non-tender, then sign Iglesias  to play SS. 

I think Iglaseus is a real possibility. Houston did something similar when they signed Lowrie.

While I like Schoop the problem I have with him is the same I have with Iglaseus they just doesn’t get on base.  That’s why  I like the idea of signing a veteran like Lowrie or guy like Lemahieu. They both know how to get on base. However those two might be out of the 2019 budget. If so I’d rather send villar out there everyday day than to sign imo a has been like Kinsler.

I’m tired of watching our guys go out there and strike out if they’re not hitting homeruns. I’d like to see this team sign a couple guys that know how to get on base have good plate discipline even if their the only things they know how to do well.

28 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

While I like Schoop the problem I have with him is the same I have with Iglaseus they just doesn’t get on base.  That’s why  I like the idea of signing a veteran like Lowrie or guy like Lemahieu. They both know how to get on base. However those two might be out of the 2019 budget. If so I’d rather send villar out there everyday day than to sign imo a has been like Kinsler.

I’m tired of watching our guys go out there and strike out if they’re not hitting homeruns. I’d like to see this team sign a couple guys that know how to get on base have good plate discipline even if their the only things they know how to do well.

Lemahieu is WAYYYYY out of the Orioles' price range. He's going to get a multi-year big contract from a good team. He's the best 2B on the market. 

9 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Lemahieu is WAYYYYY out of the Orioles' price range. He's going to get a multi-year big contract from a good team. He's the best 2B on the market. 

Well he sure as heck out of the equation then. Do you think Lowerie would be more affordable and sign on for a rebuild?

41 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I sense that Villar is a trade. 

I’d like to see us be active in making improvements to the 40 man roster. There’s a couple guys out there that could be improvements over what we have. We still have the following question marks on the roster as is,

• Donnie Hart - With our struggle to cover IP, can we really keep a LOOGY that is out of options?

• Tim Beckham - There is no way we should tender him a contract. 

• Caleb Joseph -  He’s done.  

• Andrew Susac- Does he really even want to play baseball anymore, or baseball here?  

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’d like to see us be active in making improvements to the 40 man roster. There’s a couple guys out there that could be improvements over what we have. We still have the following question marks on the roster as is,

• Donnie Hart - With our struggle to cover IP, can we really keep a LOOGY that is out of options?

• Andrew Susac- Does he really even want to play baseball anymore, or baseball here?  

I wouldn't think twice about DFAing/non-tendering any of these guys. 

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'd like to see them part ways with all of these players. 

Archived