Elias will be active in the free agent market this off season

wildcard

7 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I am pretty sure you are more right than I am.

With that said, his performance for the Brewers was pretty shabby.

I think most teams will write it off. Small sample size and they mostly played him out of position. I still don't understand why the Brewers traded for Schoop AND Moustakas when they already had Shaw. I get the idea of trying to add some punch to your offensive, but not when you have to shift nearly your entire infield around to accommodate the bats. It made no sense. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I agree.    A year ago, people were suggesting contracts like 5/$80 mm or 6/$90 mm for Schoop.    He’s not having his annual value cut by 75% because he had one down year.    

5 for 80 or 6 for 90 was more realistic if he was pulling down a 5.4 WAR.

I am a big Schoop fan, but even to me it looked like a lost a bit of range and while he was never a speedster, but maybe he wasn't healthy or whatever.

As much as you cant sign him for his really good year, then you can't sign him to a super low contract based on one bad year.

Which would give me an ulcer as a GM, what amount is fair?????

4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think most teams will write it off. Small sample size and they mostly played him out of position. I still don't understand why the Brewers traded for Schoop AND Moustakas when they already had Shaw. I get the idea of trying to add some punch to your offensive, but not when you have to shift nearly your entire infield around to accommodate the bats. It made no sense. 

I think they missed out on a bigger target and were desperate to make some sort of deal.

9 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

5 for 80 or 6 for 90 was more realistic if he was pulling down a 5.4 WAR.

I am a big Schoop fan, but even to me it looked like a lost a bit of range and while he was never a speedster, but maybe he wasn't healthy or whatever.

As much as you cant sign him for his really good year, then you can't sign him to a super low contract based on one bad year.

Which would give me an ulcer as a GM, what amount is fair?????

I don’t think Schoop’s market value last winter should have been fueled by an expectation that he’d be able to repeat 2017 on a regular basis.   Nor should his value now be determined solely based on his poor 2018 season.    

The guy has been worth 11.5 rWAR in 4.5 seasons, roughly 2.5 rWAR per season.   He’s only 27.    I’d fully expect him to be worth 2-2.5 rWAR per season for the next 3 years.

52 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree.    A year ago, people were suggesting contracts like 5/$80 mm or 6/$90 mm for Schoop.    He’s not having his annual value cut by 75% because he had one down year.    

I dont think he will have a choice.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

21 minutes ago, atomic said:

I dont think he will have a choice.  

You and I have different opinions about Schoop’s value, but we will find out soon enough.   It will be interesting to see who signs him and for how much and how long.   

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You and I have different opinions about Schoop’s value, but we will find out soon enough.   It will be interesting to see who signs him and for how much and how long.   

I predict 1 year deal 4.5 million. 

Archived