New manager

Rene88

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

From Roch:

Astros bench coach Joe Espada won’t interview for the job, which is his choice. 

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/12/orioles-claim-rio-ruiz-off-waivers-and-other-notes.html

As the saying goes, there's only 30 of those jobs.  I guess he'd rather wait for a better opportunity, however long it takes.

An actual scoop from the local beat.  wow.

1 minute ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Are the Orioles the first team to not have a manager during the winter meetings? It sure makes you wonder.

It doesn’t make me wonder.  The GM hasn’t been on the job that long and there’s no hurry.    

Heard Alex Cora on MLB Network Radio earlier today. He says his starters will pitch their first games on March 14th, and he has already plotted out his rotation for most of the 2019 season.

At this point I think ME needs to hire one of the guys who has ML managing experience. It's very late in the game for a manager to hire a full coaching staff and just begin to plan out spring training. For a guy who's never done it before, it's a big ask, and there's a good possibility that it doesn't turn out well. We know we're going to lose a ton of games, but at least we can be well organized.

4 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Heard Alex Cora on MLB Network Radio earlier today. He says his starters will pitch their first games on March 14th, and he has already plotted out his rotation for most of the 2019 season.

At this point I think ME needs to hire one of the guys who has ML managing experience. It's very late in the game for a manager to hire a full coaching staff and just begin to plan out spring training. For a guy who's never done it before, it's a big ask, and there's a good possibility that it doesn't turn out well. We know we're going to lose a ton of games, but at least we can be well organized.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Archived