Reminder: Official Press Conference Monday Noon

Going Underground

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, jtschrei said:

I'll be interested to see if the O's and Hyde try anything like the Rays did last year with the pitching staff. Like, start a reliever in the 1st inning. Regularly have games that are just pitched by relievers. If they want to win games, I think they'll try things like that. But the question is... do we want to win games or do we want to tank? The answer to that question might be different in April than in July... 

Anyway. If we want to win as many games as possible, I'll be interested in the innovative ways we try to scratch out victories. 

Just wondering, did Maddon start that in TB? Has he done it in Chicago?

38 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I have never been more excited to be an Orioles fan. I have been a fan since 1996. I just have a feeling that most of Mike's decisions are going to turn out to be absolutely brilliant. I believe hiring Brandon is going to be one of those brilliant decisions.

You mean before the season?  Cause I was definitely more excited when Delmon Young hit that double.

It is just a relief to know that the Orioles have the right people leading the team. It is also a relief knowing that ownership is no longer going to interfere. I believe this is the most exciting time to be an Orioles fan under the Angelos ownership. I have gained a new found respect for the Angelos family.

My new cable set-up here in Colorado does NOT have MASN on it like my old satellite sports package. I thought I was going to miss the press conference, but MLB At Bat app saved the morning and I caught it live 10 am Mountain time.

I like the new field boss.

I know we still have a long way to go, but you want a guy who loves the job, despite knowing how difficult it is going to be.

I think I read a fan reaction off of social media about a lack of personality -- comparing him to Buck in that regard. Yeah, I don't think he is going to be 'efforting' to entertain the media with tons of post-game quips, and that's fine.

Player development, player development, player development. A concept so important, I had to write it three times.

Get talent, make it better.

To me, that was the real secret of the original Oriole Way (TM) of the 60's and 70's (which bled over into 1983).

Call it Astroball or call it Astr- O's ball, or call it Oriole Way Part Deux -- just call me as we add more coaches who will get the best of the players we bring into the system.

I just watched the whole presser, and found Hyde very impressive, much more so than in the few short clips I’d seen earlier in the day.   He and Elias seem to mesh well and Hyde seems very comfortable in his own skin.    He’s got a daunting job but I look forward to his contributions to the club.   

On a side note, I didn’t understand why Roch during his one-on-one with Hyde seemed to ask him several questions he’d already been asked and had answered during the presser.     I guess he couldn’t think of anything else to ask?

Archived