Adam Jones to Queens?

weams

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Haven’t they both been a dumpster fire for years?

My point Was, they seem to be going for it now. So they better hope it works now. The Reds even gave up 2 pretty solid prospects to take Puig and Kemp. Two contracts the Dodgers were trying to unload.

8 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

My point Was, they seem to be going for it now. So they better hope it works now. The Reds even gave up 2 pretty solid prospects to take Puig and Kemp. Two contracts the Dodgers were trying to unload.

If I didn’t know better, I would swear the Dodgers have a double agent working for them in the Reds front office.

59 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Mets better hope they win something in the next 2 years. Because they are going to be a dumpster fire in a few years. Same with the Reds.

You mean they could be close to being as bad shape as the Orioles are now.

16 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

There’s a pretty good breakdown of the rationale for the trade here: https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/dodgers-clear-payroll-as-reds-move-closer-to-contender-status/

25 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Kemp's salary was pretty much canceled out by Bailey's salary in the deal.  Wood is projected for  9 million and Puig for 11.3 in arbitration.  The Reds are receiving 7 million in cash from the Dodgers.  Net cost salary-wise to the Reds is about 13 million and their team is unquestionably much improved for 2019.  Looks like they want to make a push at the NL Central this year.  Tough to beat out the Cubs, Brewers, and Cardinals, but they must think that those teams are vulnerable this year.  Losing the two prospects could well bite them down the road, but at $13 million this trade isn't the financial disaster some are making it out to be for the Reds.

The question I have is does the $7 million cash in the deal impact the salary calculations for luxury tax purposes?  Are the Dodgers considered to have lowered their total salary for 2019 by $20 million or by $13 million?  Makes a difference -- especially if they're considering a big signing like Harper.

57 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Kemp's salary was pretty much canceled out by Bailey's salary in the deal.  Wood is projected for  9 million and Puig for 11.3 in arbitration.  The Reds are receiving 7 million in cash from the Dodgers.  Net cost salary-wise to the Reds is about 13 million and their team is unquestionably much improved for 2019.  Looks like they want to make a push at the NL Central this year.  Tough to beat out the Cubs, Brewers, and Cardinals, but they must think that those teams are vulnerable this year.  Losing the two prospects could well bite them down the road, but at $13 million this trade isn't the financial disaster some are making it out to be for the Reds.

The question I have is does the $7 million cash in the deal impact the salary calculations for luxury tax purposes?  Are the Dodgers considered to have lowered their total salary for 2019 by $20 million or by $13 million?  Makes a difference -- especially if they're considering a big signing like Harper.

Good question. I don't know how cash traded affects that. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

There’s a pretty good breakdown of the rationale for the trade here: https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/dodgers-clear-payroll-as-reds-move-closer-to-contender-status/

I just don't see any of the moves either tram made as real tide changers. Especially for the Reds. Seems they could have gotten Greinke for that package then signed a bat.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

You mean they could be close to being as bad shape as the Orioles are now.

I would say the Mets are worse off than the Orioles.  Had a chance this off-season to realize they aren't close. They made a couple of blah trades and signed an agent for a GM. Their ownership unlike the Orioles, haven't accepted change. 

Same for the Reds. A 67 win team shouldn't be trading 2 top 20 prospects for expensive players that won't make them much better in the long run 

28 minutes ago, scOtt said:

The Yankees play in Brooklyn. Not Queens.

Just sayin'...

Yankee Stadium in Concourse, Bronx, New York City, is the home ballpark for the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball, and also the home field for New York City FC of Major League Soccer. The $2.3 billion stadium, built with $1.2 billion in public subsidies, replaced the original Yankee Stadium in 2009.

1 hour ago, scOtt said:

The Yankees play in Brooklyn. Not Queens.

Just sayin' ........

o

Just for saying that, I'm treating you to a game at Yankee Stadium should you decide to come up here.

You can sleep over my house for free, also.

o

10 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Just for saying that, I'm treating you to a game at Yankee Stadium should you decide to come up here.

You can sleep over my house for free, also.

o

Wouldn't mind seeing the new stadium. Saw one game at the original.

Archived