Elias' rebuild is going to be centered around high draft picks and player development

GoldGlove21

I hear people talking about the on field product this year and I am not sure that Elias cares this season or the next. I think the man is taking his time putting personnel in place instead of signing quality free agents because one or two quality free agents do nothing for a winning season in Baltimore over the next 2-3 years. At the more pitiful we are the better players we get the opportunity to select to help us down the road. I look forward to the Orioles signing young players out of option everywhere else. Keep the operating cost low, keep the expectation low and when the times comes tag some shots at the real prize. To be somewhere in-between is just a foolish goal and a waste of resources IMO.  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You also lose fans permanently when you are worst team in league 3 years in a row.  If they are worst team in league in 2020 I think that would be a mistake.  And if there is new ownership by that time Elias might be gone.  Realize the Astros blew 2 of their #1 overall  picks and so did the Ray's.  

48 minutes ago, atomic said:

You also lose fans permanently when you are worst team in league 3 years in a row.  If they are worst team in league in 2020 I think that would be a mistake.  And if there is new ownership by that time Elias might be gone.  Realize the Astros blew 2 of their #1 overall  picks and so did the Ray's.  

The Astros were the worst team for 4 or 5 years. People still went when they got good. 

59 minutes ago, atomic said:

If the O's win the World Series in 2023 Camden Yard will not be empty.

16 minutes ago, terphoopsfan said:

This town will continue to support the Orioles but you gotta give'em more than 2 first place finishes in 26 years. 18/26 losing seasons isn't much to build a fan base on when there are so many other professional/college teams in the area to root for/spend $$$ on.

They also need way better marketing. Lack of communication with your season ticket holders. One of the last teams every year to start selling season tickets.What happened to holiday or flex packs? Even the Yankees are selling small ticket packs this year.I have gotten zero calls or communication from the Orioles since the season ended.Got two calls from the Nationals about tickets for next year and I went to two games last year.I was an Oriole season ticket holder for 15 years.The Elais message was nice but that was a mass email.First year since that I can remember that I did not even get a holiday card. If you are going into seasons of  alosing team,you need to keep some of your devoted fans if you really care. 

2 hours ago, atomic said:

We had 14 losing seasons in a row but then fans came out in DROVES when we were contenders in 2012. You build it and they will come.

3 hours ago, terphoopsfan said:

This town will continue to support the Orioles but you gotta give'em more than 2 first place finishes in 26 years. 18/26 losing seasons isn't much to build a fan base on when there are so many other professional/college teams in the area to root for/spend $$$ on.

Whom? The Ravens, Redskins and Nats? What college teams? Maryland Terps and Middies.  Who are the so many in the Baltimore Washington area? 

Archived