House released! (Headed To Boston?)

Frobby

Per BowieMike on the minor league board, House asked for and received his release today. I know this is a minor league matter, but House has gotten so much attention on this board I thought it should be posted here too.

Let the ranting begin....

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Per BowieMike on the minor league board, House asked for and received his release today. I know this is a minor league matter, but House has gotten so much attention on this board I thought it shoud be posted here too.

Let the ranting begin....

Dumb, Dumb, dumb! This has to be the worst move by this team yet. Looks like we are stuck with Captain Popup and Paul Bako! :mad:

I posted this earlier today in a thread

he is an example of a guy who I think has the swing and stuff (at least offensively) to be a ML quality player. Everything I read seems to show that he was held up because he was indecisive about having a football or baseball career and then couldn't find a spot defensively to put his bat to use. Now he's 27 and still pretty talented. He's the type of guy you can get lucky with maybe--not definitely--but maybe and suddenly this team would have one less hole in the lineup.

errrrgggg. I really thought House had a lot of wasted potential. I would have loved it if he was our fulltime DH this year. Someone in the front office did a great job of getting depth and someone else did a terrible job using it.

If he asked for it, I don't blame him. The guy's hitting and deserves a shot in the majors above guys like Brandon Fahey :rolleyes:

I hope whoever picks him up puts him on their 25 man and makes us regret it. Maybe one day this organization will learn that guys like House have a use.

Guys...I don't know what the problem is. We've got the immortal Paul Bako on this team. Never mind the fact that House is 8 years younger, a much better hitter, and probably not that much worse defensively.

We need an experienced receiver to keep these young guys losing those 3-2, 4-3 games. It builds character! It doesn't matter that having House in the lineup may have added a run here or there. We get to watch Paul Bako ground out weakly to the second baseman....but, boy, he's great working with those pitchers.

Wait, where are the people to say this is no big loss and no big deal?:rolleyes:

I'll say it.

We never saw him contribute on the ML level. We have no idea what he would have done here.

Yeah, we have the fancy stats that can predict it all and thats all nice, cute and good.

But at the end of the day, it's a minor leaguer who's been released. He's nothing more than a "What if?" and a fantasy for people who want to see the O's find a hidden gem (and I think we've found our hidden gem - Guthrie - that the baseball gods will allow for the next 10, 15 years)

Now if he catches on an ML team and pulls a Cust, thats one thing. But if he remains a career minor leaguer, I'll still be saying it's not a big deal.

Let's not forget House asked for the release himself, it's not like we canned him, there is a difference here.

Of course it sounds like we didn't make an effort to keep him.

Whatever.

I hope he catches on somewhere else and makes us learn that Fahey isn't the answer to what ails this team...

We don't really know how big of a deal it really was...

Yea we do...It was an incredibly stupid thing to do...There is no justification for it.

The Orioles have a lot of offensive needs...House could have helped.

Anyone who tries to defend the Orioles here is just blowing smoke up their own asses.

House asked to leave...Not like he got a DWI, punched a nun or something like that. He wanted to go somewhere that appreciated what he brought to the team...The Orioles could care less.

Archived