Orioles claim Austin Brice Designate Valera (Traded to Giants for CC)

jrobb21613

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, rudyrooster said:

Perhaps Brice is seen as a prime candidate for the "secret sauce" for pitchers that Elias has vaguely mentioned.

I don't think he's a big upside guy, but I think there is a solid MLB contributor in there. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This will be a nice test case on if the new regime shares the love of the 2S that is the norm around these parts.

Yep, I was watching Brice video, and the pitch absolutely doesn't play against RHB, it tails right onto the barrel. He does a good job locating it armside against lefties, and he doesn't have a strikeout pitch for them, so it could be useful in small portions. 

10 hours ago, wildcard said:

So far Hyde is tapping people he knows or has some connection to.

Just to be clear of my opinion, Buck will be the last Orioles Manager to select a player off waivers. The position changed when he left. 

4 minutes ago, weams said:

Just to be clear of my opinion, Buck will be the last Orioles Manager to select a player off waivers. The position changed when he left. 

Well, I agree that Hyde did not make this move.  Elias has that power.  But Hyde is the one that has the connections into the Marlins system where Brice was drafted and developed for years.  

Just now, wildcard said:

Well, I agree that Hyde did not make this move.  Elias has that power.  But Hyde is the one that has the connections into the Marlins system where Brice was drafted and developed for years.  

No no. Elias does not have the power. Hr completely runs the show. He did not even hire underlings in his two areas of expertise because he wants to steer the vessel. If anyone is assisting in any calls, it is Sig. And only. 

Archived