And you think the Orioles are tough to the fanbase...

weams

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/lets-check-in-on-miamis-suit-against-the-marlins-and-jeffrey-loria/

Early last year, I wrote about the lawsuit Miami had filed against the Marlins and Jeffrey Loria, alleging that Jeffrey Loria had used “fuzzy math” to depress the value of his club and avoid paying a share of the team’s sale proceeds to Miami and Miami-Dade County. (The County is also a party to suit against the Marlins and Loria.)

When we last looked at this case, the Marlins, under the new ownership group helmed by Bruce Sherman and Derek Jeter, rather dubiously claimed British citizenship as a way of moving the lawsuit to federal court (a process called “removal”) and attempting to force arbitration. Despite the less than stellar optics and even more questionable legal basis for the argument, the team nonetheless went all-in on their position that the team was, at least in part, a foreign citizen. In response, Miami sent Laurence Leavy – the attorney better known as “Marlins Man” for his formerly ubiquitous presence at Marlins games – and radio personality Andy Slater to the British Virgin Islands office where the team’s lawyers argued that one of the companies which owned the team, Aberneu, was ostensibly located. In a revelation that surprised no one, Aberneu, it turned out, had no offices or physical presence there – just a post office box. The Marlins, however, didn’t appreciate Slater’s involvement, and responded by revoking Slater’s press pass.

At that hearing, Judge Darrin Gayles indicated that she was skeptical of the team’s claim of British citizenship.

They have two World Series titles since their inception.  I don't wanna hear any whining from Marlins fans.

Pretty soon I can comfortably start the obnoxious "Orioles haven't won a World Series in my lifetime!" mantra that was used ad nauseam by Sox and Cubs fans.  It's not 100% true, I was 2 when they won in '83 but it's not like I have any memories of it.  

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

They have two World Series titles since their inception. I don't wanna hear any whining from Marlins fans.

Pretty soon I can comfortably start the obnoxious "Orioles haven't won a World Series in my lifetime!" mantra that was used ad nauseam by Sox and Cubs fans. It's not 100% true because I was 2 when they won in '83, but it's not like I have any memories of it.  

o

The White Sox went 2 years longer than the Red Sox did without winning a World Series, but they (at-large) are/were not the whiny, narcissistic bunch that Red Sox fans and Cubs fans are/were.

o

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I’m interested in the legal point.   Lawsuits that are between citizens of different states, or between a citizen of a state and a citizen of a foreign state, can be removed from state court to a federal court.   For a corporation, it’s “citizenship” is both where it is incorporated and where it has its “principal place of business.”    The latter is clearly Florida, so I don’t see why it would matter at all if the Marlins are partly owned by some foreign corporation.    I’ll have to look into this, but on the surface the Marlins’ position looks absolutely specious.    

I was hoping that some legal minds would weigh in. But Florida law!

https://sweden.direct-peptides.com/rome-wasnt-built-in-a-day-first-six-months-on-hgh/

Expectations after going for an HGH Therapy for Six Months
Thousands of Americans that live in Seattle to Miami and all the locations in between have had life-changing benefits. This has been possible because they have been provided with the Human Growth Hormone (HGH) Therapy. These Americans are administered with the HGH via injections.

The frustrating age-related condition which is having a deficiency of HGH drains your youthfulness, and this leads to low self-confidence. One thing that should be noted by the patients of HGH is that it is not a drug that is used as an Anti-Aging, but a drug that can only be used to relieve the symptoms that come with Hormone Decline. It should be noted that it is a process that helps patients live lives full of confidence that are happier and all around.

One important condition to also note as a user is that the Recombinant HGH Therapy provides the best results. What patients should employ is patience because results take some time before they manifest themselves. Even Rome Wasn’t built in a day and for spectacular results of the Human Growth Hormone to manifest themselves and ensure maximum and excellent results, the time factor has to be considered.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m interested in the legal point.   Lawsuits that are between citizens of different states, or between a citizen of a state and a citizen of a foreign state, can be removed from state court to a federal court.   For a corporation, it’s “citizenship” is both where it is incorporated and where it has its “principal place of business.”    The latter is clearly Florida, so I don’t see why it would matter at all if the Marlins are partly owned by some foreign corporation.    I’ll have to look into this, but on the surface the Marlins’ position looks absolutely specious.    

I don’t remember much from the International Law course I had to take. Just anti dumping laws. We have pepto for that here in Merica. 

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t remember much from the International Law course I had to take. Just anti dumping laws. We have pepto for that here in Merica. 

I deleted my post after reading the article weams quoted.     The entity that owns the Marlins is a limited liability company, not a corporation.    That makes everything more complicated and it’s too boring to get into the details here.   And it’s all irrelevant to weams’ point, which is that the team revoked this guy’s press pass for doing some actual investigative journalism about the team’s ownership.   

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I deleted my post after reading the article weams quoted.     The entity that owns the Marlins is a limited liability company, not a corporation.    That makes everything more complicated and it’s too boring to get into the details here.   And it’s all irrelevant to weams’ point, which is that the team revoked this guy’s press pass for doing some actual investigative journalism about the team’s ownership.   

I think that the Marlins have always been worse than the Orioles. 

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

The White Sox went 2 years longer than the Red Sox did without winning a World Series, but they (at-large) are/were not the whiny, narcissistic bunch that Red Sox fans and Cubs fans are/were.

o

Entitled cry babies who constantly get their bad behavior validated by ESPN, MLB and the media.

1 hour ago, weams said:

I think that the Marlins have always been worse than the Orioles. 

It's not the Marlins as an entity, it's Loria. Look at the shady crap he pulled with the Spos to begin the Marlins. IIRC he bought Montreal, stole their books and scouts and everything and then got the Miami franchise. He makes mob bosses look like angels.

Archived