Trumbo sounds cautiously doubtful to be ready by Opening Day

wildcard

On 1/8/2019 at 11:20 AM, oriole said:

Sounds like he has accepted defeat. I’d rather see him released then potentially be a purveyor of nonchalance in an impressionable club house. I’m happy to give him a chance but if he isn’t bringing anything to the table I hope they’re quick to release.

I didn't get that attitude at all.  On the contrary, I thought he gave an honest accounting of where he is and what it means to him.  I also very much appreciated that he sees an important role beyond what he can physically provide.  As a role model to young players to help get them where they need to be.  I do think he realizes he could be done, but it sounds to me like his mental approach is spot on.  

We'll see.  A strong performance probably gets him moved and if he is unable to play perhaps the Orioles get his salary covered by insurance and get to see some other players.  I'll be pulling for him nevertheless...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I didn't get that attitude at all.  On the contrary, I thought he gave an honest accounting of where he is and what it means to him.  I also very much appreciated that he sees an important role beyond what he can physically provide.  As a role model to young players to help get them where they need to be.  I do think he realizes he could be done, but it sounds to me like his mental approach is spot on.  

We'll see.  A strong performance probably gets him moved and if he is unable to play perhaps the Orioles get his salary covered by insurance and get to see some other players.  I'll be pulling for him nevertheless...

As long as he doesn't share his fear of the wall.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:56 AM, Frobby said:

More from Trumbo today: http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/01/trumbo-on-his-role-and-future.html

Sounds like he knows 2018 could be his last hurrah unless he produces.   

Well I am sorry he is hurt but if he is done then so be it. He has made it in MLB. To me that there is something to be proud of. 

Archived