Some Positivity

Legend_Of_Joey

19 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

With a lot of the negativity going around about the Orioles, with plenty of "this is going to suck!" chants, what about some positivity?

Here is a "way too early," bold statement from me...

The Orioles will NOT end the season in last place in the AL East.

Yeah, it's bold, it's wacky, it's not negative... But unless the Jays absolutely implode, we are certain of a last place finish, and perhaps one of the worst three records in all of baseball in 2019.  Not that this bugs me in the least, it's just reality at the moment.  I'm all for having as much fun here as possible given the challenges we will face in '19.

28 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

With a lot of the negativity going around about the Orioles, with plenty of "this is going to suck!" chants, what about some positivity?

Here is a "way too early," bold statement from me...

The Orioles will NOT end the season in last place in the AL East.

Are we being moved to another division?

(Arguably, that would be a positive.)

At least the Blue Jays have an electric top prospect coming up in May (because service time manipulation) who is the son of a Hall of Fame player and will most certainly battle it out for Rookie of the Year in the AL.  I still think their younger player talent right now is better than ours, so we will finish in the bottom.  

However, I do not mind, so long as ownership lets Elias do his thing and we stick to the process of rebuilding the right way, continuing to expand our scouting and player acquisition to all avenues and deepening those positions over the next year or so.  Watching rebuilding baseball means a lot of losses, but it's also fun to watch in it's own way to evaluate the younger players and see the drive and hunger that they have to make and stick in the big leagues. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Which one?

Vlad Guerrero Jr is the HOF'er.  Dante Bichette was not a HOF'er, but a very good outfielder and professional hitter.  His son, Bo, will likely be up at some point in the season and Danny Jansen likely starts the year with the club.  So they've got three top 100 prospects to watch this year.  

9 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Vlad Guerrero Jr is the HOF'er.  Dante Bichette was not a HOF'er, but a very good outfielder and professional hitter.  His son, Bo, will likely be up at some point in the season and Danny Jansen likely starts the year with the club.  So they've got three top 100 prospects to watch this year.  

Cavan Biggio qualifies too...

Maybe it’s dumb, but I’m very interested to watch Mullins and Stewart make or break their careers here. I suspect that they’ll get every opportunity to play a full season and show what they can do and with Villar, maybe put a bunch of speed at the top of the order.

23 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Maybe it’s dumb, but I’m very interested to watch Mullins and Stewart make or break their careers here. I suspect that they’ll get every opportunity to play a full season and show what they can do and with Villar, maybe put a bunch of speed at the top of the order.

plus being able to watch how Hays, Diaz, Mountcastle, DL Hall etc., in the MiL progresses is even more of a reason to be excited. Knowing we actually have individuals who can figure out how to get the best out of prospects instead of watching prospects disappoint (Carroll, Tate, Ortiz) because the O's wanted to completely change what made them successful is also another reason to be interested. 

13 hours ago, terphoopsfan said:

plus being able to watch how Hays, Diaz, Mountcastle, DL Hall etc., in the MiL progresses is even more of a reason to be excited. Knowing we actually have individuals who can figure out how to get the best out of prospects instead of watching prospects disappoint (Carroll, Tate, Ortiz) because the O's wanted to completely change what made them successful is also another reason to be interested. 

Well, I am interested to see if the ratio of guys who improve versus stagnate changes in the new regime.    I’m not presuming anything, just hopeful.    

Archived