Orioles ZiPS

Just Regular

On 1/22/2019 at 3:23 PM, Il BuonO said:

Betting against Hart being turned into anything other than AAA fodder is as much of a sure thing I can think of.

Is Bleier going to be ready for OD?  I don’t see us having Bleier, Scott, Fry and Hart on the OD roster. Looking for the smallest of positives, our pen could be a bright spot;

Givens, Scott, Castro, Bleier, Arajuo, Fry, Wright

The top 4 could be good. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick OPS summary:

Mullins .700

Villar .697

Nunez .722

Mancini .762

Trumbo .733

Martin .622

Sisco .670

Wynns .626

Rickard .680

Davis .673

Stewart .682

Those are the 11 guys I see as mostly likely to be on the OD roster as of now.   Not exactly Murderers’ Row.

20 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I will bet Mullins gets 2.0 war barring injury.

Someone will get it. I looked up the 1977 Blue Jay expansion team which I remember being a particularly awful team devoid of talent. They had 8 guys with 2 WAR or more.  1962 Mets had 4 guys with more than 2 WAR.  

If the team doesn't have a player with 2 WAR next season Elias should be fired along with the coaches.  

4 hours ago, atomic said:

Someone will get it. I looked up the 1977 Blue Jay expansion team which I remember being a particularly awful team devoid of talent. They had 8 guys with 2 WAR or more.  1962 Mets had 4 guys with more than 2 WAR.  

If the team doesn't have a player with 2 WAR next season Elias should be fired along with the coaches.  

Way to think positive!

I’m sure someone will come in above 2+ WAR.    

http://claydavenport.com/projections/PROJHOME.shtml

Clay Davenport's are out for everyone - I was a little surprised to see us all the way up at 60 wins.

Among his specific player notes, it was interesting to see Ruiz even with Nunez for 3B time, and Ramirez ahead of Hess and Rogers for back of rotation time.

Are we already not the worst anymore?  With the 1-1 pick to come, I kind of want to say we're already better off long term than the Rangers and Royals.  I can't for the life of me understand why KC isn't trading Merrifield now.

Speaking of Fangraphs, their pace (re: prospects by system) since getting to the AL East appears to have slowed to a crawl.  They posted the Rays system on the 22nd.  Before that it was the Red Sox on the 10th.  The NL East was completed between Dec 7 and Jan 2.  The NL Central was completed between Nov 26 and Dec 7.

I'm interested to see what they think of the O's system.

5 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Speaking of Fangraphs, their pace (re: prospects by system) since getting to the AL East appears to have slowed to a crawl.  They posted the Rays system on the 22nd.  Before that it was the Red Sox on the 10th.  The NL East was completed between Dec 7 and Jan 2.  The NL Central was completed between Nov 26 and Dec 7.

I'm interested to see what they think of the O's system.

The Orioles are next.   Kiley McDaniel said they were shooting for last Friday, but they missed that goal.  They don’t usually post that stuff on weekends, so I’m assuming it’ll be posted Monday.  

I’m interested to see if they’ve changed any grades since their year-end organizational review.   At that time, they indicated the O’s had no players graded at 50 or higher, 7 45’s and 24 40’s.   They didn’t specify who earned what grades.    https://blogs.fangraphs.com/post-2018-farm-system-rankings/

Archived