Your Cash is No Good at Tropicana Field

Can_of_corn

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Is this the first team to do that?

As far as I know.

I'm sure it won't be the last.

Think of how much extra money is going to be left unspent off of those Rays cards.  Imagine the email with special offers based on your purchases at the park.  I bet they can sell that data.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

As far as I know.

I'm sure it won't be the last.

Think of how much extra money is going to be left unspent off of those Rays cards.  Imagine the email with special offers based on your purchases at the park.  I bet they can sell that data.

I'm sure all 100 fans will get free identity theft monitoring.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I ran into a Rays fan I know today.  Guy isn't exactly on the cutting edge of technology and he stated that the change will keep him from attending any games going forward.

I doubt he went to more than a handful of games a year as it was but still.

What does the other Rays fan think?

On 1/27/2019 at 9:24 AM, Satyr3206 said:

When you are one of the worst teams in terms of attendance you should be thinking about more ways people can pay, not less. What does the speed of service matter if there is no one to serve?

I never carry cash.  But as Florida has a lot of older people I am guessing quite a few of them use cash all the time.  Perhaps older people don't buy as much as the concessions but I am not sure  this is a wise decision for them.  

On 1/27/2019 at 9:24 AM, Satyr3206 said:

When you are one of the worst teams in terms of attendance you should be thinking about more ways people can pay, not less. What does the speed of service matter if there is no one to serve?

Exactly.   They should accept live chickens as barter if it will put fans in the seats.

Archived