Over/under: Dylan Bundy wins 12 games?

Frobby

Will Dylan Bundy win 12 games?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Over/under: Bundy wins 12 games

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/19 at 23:39

On 3/9/2019 at 5:22 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Bundy will become the Orioles' first 20-game winner since Mike Boddicker, in 1984.

af59f30d_davis.jpg oooooooooooooooooo d2958f28_mlbam.jpg

o

On 3/9/2019 at 5:38 PM, Moose Milligan said:

Over three years ?

o

No.

That wouldn't make him the first since Boddicker.

o

Bundy is not good at the moment, after not being good last year. The team won’t help, but he’s plenny bad all by hiz lonesome. I think he’ll struggle to 6-7 wins, and I’m not sure he’ll have enough value to be traded at the deadline.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Bundy will become the Orioles' first 20-game winner since Mike Boddicker, in 1984.

af59f30d_davis.jpg oooooooooooooooooo d2958f28_mlbam.jpg

o

39 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It would take Bundy to do his best 1972 Steve Carlton impression to win 20 games with this team.

o

Image result for Steve Carlton and the 1972 Phillies book

o

Wow. Today I learned that Steve Carlton won 27 games in a year his team only won 59. Good for 12.1 bWAR. Their whole pitching staff was worth 12.4 WAR. That’s just remarkable. Gotta be one of the best performances on a terrible team. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, makoman said:

Wow. Today I learned that Steve Carlton won 27 games in a year his team only won 59. Good for 12.1 bWAR. Their whole pitching staff was worth 12.4 WAR. Thats just remarkable. Gotta be one of the best performances ever on a terrible team. 

o

Also, 1972 was not a full season. There was a strike in April, which cancelled between 6 and 8 games for every team ........ so Carlton may have won 28 or 29 games if they had played the full 162 games.

The 1972 Phillies went 59-97 (.378), with 6 games which were cancelled. Percentage-wise, they were the equivalent of a 61-101 team (.376) over a full, 162-game season.

o

47 minutes ago, Natty said:

It seems to me that Bundy never recovered from the sprained ankle he suffered from base running in the interleague game last year. Since then he can't pitch. 

I don’t see any cause and effect.    Correlation doesn’t equal causation.