Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

16 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

What happened from what I have read was CD had an exemption in TEX but went off it because he didn't like the side effects. When the absence of adderall is detected that can also lead to a failure.  This most likely was the first failed test.

Where are you getting this? I’ve read a lot on the subject and have yet to this as an explanation.

At the time of the suspension, Davis said he previously had permission to use Adderall but was not cleared for it in 2014.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/12040990/chris-davis-baltimore-orioles-cleared-use-adderall-2015-season

So, there seems to be conflicting data on whether he had an exemption for 2013, not that he had taken it according to Davis himself.

44 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Where are you getting this? I’ve read a lot on the subject and have yet to this as an explanation.

At the time of the suspension, Davis said he previously had permission to use Adderall but was not cleared for it in 2014.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/12040990/chris-davis-baltimore-orioles-cleared-use-adderall-2015-season

So, there seems to be conflicting data on whether he had an exemption for 2013, not that he had taken it according to Davis himself.

I read those things several years ago. I don't keep records of very thing I read, but it's logical to assume that if he were using adderall in 2013 it would have been detected more than once that season, since they are tested several times. He didn't have an exemption when he came to BAL. https://www.camdenchat.com/2014/9/12/6140823/chris-davis-suspended-adderall-exemption

Edited by El Gordo

• 1 month later...

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/06)

NUMBER 1

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

o

It kind of got lost in last night's game, but I was really happy that Chris Davis got off the schneid.    Maybe that will give him some confidence up there.    It feels like he’s been overthinking.  

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It kind of got lost in last night's game, but I was really happy that Chris Davis got off the schneid.    Maybe that will give him some confidence up there.    It feels like he’s been overthinking.  

Agree thrilled! We're stuck with'em so anything good from Davis right now is a plus,

52 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I missed Davis’ home run last night. Did they let his seeing eye dog help him around the bases? 

Buck should have him in the lineup against all pitchers that throw a 79 mph hanging curveball. Had no trouble catching up to that one.

51 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Buck should have him in the lineup against all pitchers that throw a 79 mph hanging curveball. Had no trouble catching up to that one.

Right. Anyone notice the FB Kahnle pumped in at 95 the AB following the HR? Davis looked surprised by it. He’s overmatched by a decent FB.

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, interloper said:

Credit to him, he didn't miss it. He misses a lot of hittable pitches including hanging breaking balls. He crushed it though.

It was quite the special moment, Davis and his washed up long loopy swing connecting to a washed up Sabathia  hanging 79 mph curve ball. A perfect storm of sorts

• Downvote 1