Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Davis has his strikeout rate down.  The results haven’t been great but don’t be surprised if he is better than people think. 

Committing to his swing earlier.  More contact but it's weaker.  I wouldn't expect that to change.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/12/2018 at 12:15 AM, Roy Firestone said:

I never booed anyone in sports for any reason.Not even Ubaldo.Booing is temporary hate. I don't like hate.

Booing is not always directed at the player.  I booed Jim Johnson so Buck would stop putting him in with the game on the line.  

On 4/12/2018 at 12:15 AM, Roy Firestone said:

I never booed anyone in sports for any reason.Not even Ubaldo.Booing is temporary hate. I don't like hate.

I agree with you. But about a year or so ago, we had a knockdown, dragged out fight over booing Ubaldo. The mods finally locked the thread.  Ubaldo is gone, fans no longer have him to kick around. So I gather it's now time for CD to be kicked around.

1 minute ago, Natty said:

.215 BA, 26 HR, 61 RBI, 195 SO. 

How much money is this worth? 

About tree-fiddy.

Those numbers at first or DH are rather obviously unimpressive.

As for his attempts at adaptation, good on him but I think that pitchers will respond by throwing more breaking pitches. 

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

.215 BA, 26 HR, 61 RBI, 195 SO. 

How much money is this worth? 

That line has basically no information in it that allows me to make a good estimate of its value. Since I know we are talking about Chris Davis in 2017, he was worth -2.9 million last year according to Fangraphs.