Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

53 minutes ago, NedFromYork said:

Is there enough data on Mancini at 1B to determine if he is a better or worse defender than Davis?

Historically it was perceived that Mancini was not a strong defender at first even as a minor leaguer. Where Chris Davis is is up for debate. 

This is not a data solution.

52 minutes ago, osfan83 said:

I've been to 5 or 6 games so far this year, and as recently as Aug 12th I saw plenty of Davis shirts in the stands. Why are they wearing the shirts if they can't stand the guy? 

Probably the only shirt left they have with someone still on the team.  I luckily never had a Davis shirt.  

36 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’ve seen people wearing Ray Rice jerseys this year.  

Didn't the Ravens have a day where you could trade in Ray Rice jersey's for another player?  Seems no excuse for having one of those.  

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

Didn't the Ravens have a day where you could trade in Ray Rice jersey's for another player?  Seems no excuse for having one of those.  

Yea, I was totally going to make the 15 hour drive to do that but I had to work.

I don't actually have any jerseys and I'm not a Raven's fan.

Edited by Can_of_corn
added disclaimer

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yea, I was totally going to make the 15 hour drive to do that but I had to work.

I don't actually have any jerseys and I'm not a Raven's fan.

So Atomic, please know it's not too late

This post is not to show you hate

But you can note that Can of Corn

Will never be a fan of yourn. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, osfan83 said:

I've been to 5 or 6 games so far this year, and as recently as Aug 12th I saw plenty of Davis shirts in the stands. Why are they wearing the shirts if they can't stand the guy?   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Because they own them? I see people wearing shirts of guys who haven’t played here in ten years.   

Anyway, I didn’t say people can’t stand Chris Davis. I said they’re not going to games to watch Chris Davis play. There’s a big difference between those two statements.  

o

Or more than 4 decades.

Reggie Jackson Jersey

o

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The first priority for the rest of this season is to see how guys whose future with the team is uncertain perform at the ML level. That means putting Mancini at 1B pretty much every day. If Buck (or the front office) wants to DH Davis in the hope that he'll turn things around some day, OK. I wouldn't beat that dead horse, but I can say how they would. But there's no reason I can see for playing Davis instead of Mancini at first base. Now if you want to let Davis pitch a little . . . 

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

The first priority for the rest of this season is to see how guys whose future with the team is uncertain perform at the ML level. That means putting Mancini at 1B pretty much every day. If Buck (or the front office) wants to DH Davis in the hope that he'll turn things around some day, OK. I wouldn't beat that dead horse, but I can say how they would. But there's no reason I can see for playing Davis instead of Mancini at first base. Now if you want to let Davis pitch a little . . . 

Davis might be with the club longer than Mancini.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Davis might be with the club longer than Mancini.

True, but nobody needs to see more of Davis at first base to decide what to do with him. I wouldn't need to see more ABs, either, and he would get very few in September if I were making out the lineups.

I would like to see more of Mancini at first (and at the plate), and IMO he should be given some time there after being pulled off of 1B and forced to try to learn a new position.

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

True, but nobody needs to see more of Davis at first base to decide what to do with him. I wouldn't need to see more ABs, either, and he would get very few in September if I were making out the lineups.

I would like to see more of Mancini at first (and at the plate), and IMO he should be given some time there after being pulled off of 1B and forced to try to learn a new position.

I believe Davis should bat almost every day.  I'm playing Mancini at first or Trumo if he isn't DL'd.  If Davis wants to play in the field he can either hit...or eat some innings on the mound.

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I don't care about seeing Mancini at first but I do want to see someone other than Mancini in left and I want to see Davis on the bench.

So Mancini at first works for me.