TT: Opening Day roster starting to take shape, but questions remain

Tony-OH

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

There's no such roster move as " leaving the guy in Florida to work on things".   Are you saying he will go on the injured list?   Are you saying he will accept a demotion to the minor leagues?   Or are you saying they will keep him on the 25 man roster and go north with 24 guys so he can stay in Florida and "work on things".

Of course there is no move that does this.  It would have to be an IL move.  And it would have to be done with Davis on board.  Davis continues to say things that sound like he has no idea what to do.  Like the I have been trying to see as many pitches as possible....

He is off to a blazing .168 start.  And his latest comment is now he is ready to start swinging.  He also has more K's than any Oriole in camp except Steve Wilkerson who has almost twice as many at bats.

Look Im still hoping for improvement.  And Im not rooting for an injury.  But I think if the next few weeks look like the first few, the hip thing may "flare" up.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Of course there is no move that does this.  It would have to be an IL move.  And it would have to be done with Davis on board.  Davis continues to say things that sound like he has no idea what to do.  Like the I have been trying to see as many pitches as possible....

He is off to a blazing .168 start.  And his latest comment is now he is ready to start swinging.  He also has more K's than any Oriole in camp except Steve Wilkerson who has almost twice as many at bats.

Look Im still hoping for improvement.  And Im not rooting for an injury.  But I think if the next few weeks look like the first few, the hip thing may "flare" up.

And what are you going to use to put him on the IL?  Some sort of mental issue?

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd go the mental route, no way MLB doesn't believe it.

I say it is mental, he can't focus. So its too dangerous to face pitching. We hire a head shrinker to convince MLB. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

So after today’s moves now what?

I personally would be fine with bringing Dwight Smith up. That was my logic with Stewart. Play him and see what he can do. I’m sure many think now that Santander is a lock. 

Santander was sent down.

So what's the outfield going to look like? Are we assuming Trumbo starts the season on the OD roster at this point?

Dwight Smith or EYJ have to be slated to make the team I would think, potentially both if Trumbo is IL'd for a week so he can get some additional at bats in the minors. Also opens up a potential spot for Escobar if they want to go with an extra infielder. 

Archived