TT: Opening Day roster starting to take shape, but questions remain

Tony-OH

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, foxfield said:

I agree with both of you.  I did not however say released.  I said I do not think he will be on the opening roster.  I think CD gets extra time in Fla to work on things and I think he gets every chance to get it together.  But I think that can be done without taking him north after a short sample of poor performance.  Maybe it won't.  Maybe they believe that A) he will be better or B) they can break him.  But if I was trying to find a way to maximize 92M, I think Id give him some personal attention in extended spring training away from pressure, and more importantly, away from 25 guys who are currently more deserving.

How though? He's about to get back in the lineup from his hip thing. He's not rehabbing anything. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think the sons are going to spend as much as the father did.

I think the team is going to be their main source of income going forward.

Why's that? And would they not have access to their father's wealth? 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Why's that? And would they not have access to their father's wealth? 

Most of dad's wealth is the team, MASN (which I'm including in the team) and a law firm that might not survive his passing and that hasn't had any high profile victories in a long time.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

How though? He's about to get back in the lineup from his hip thing. He's not rehabbing anything. 

I am clearly not in the know.  I am merely saying I think this is what is going to happen.  Saying Davis is fine, is as premature as saying he will be hurt.  I didn't say hurt or released.  I just said, I think he does not go north and I have nothing to back that up except the idea that Davis can't be cut, but hasn't shown any measure of improvement.  

And if Davis is going to get a good shot, he kinda needs to have a good start.  If he isn't ready for that now or in 2-3 weeks, I would find a way to hold him back.  Working with him completely of course.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Most of dad's wealth is the team, MASN (which I'm including in the team) and a law firm that might not survive his passing and that hasn't had any high profile victories in a long time.

Yeah, I mean, I will not be surprised to see the payroll be pretty low for several years. But I'm not ready to say they won't pump money into it if they think they're close. Hopefully with Elias we get more extensions from our own players in the prime of their careers, less stupid free agency deals now that we have real data on players, and more influx of young cheap talent from the minors. AKA: what we've been tearing our hair out saying they should do for like 30 years.

This will still be a $100+ million payroll team when it wants to be. IMO.

And what do you think Billy Joel is for?? Back up that dumptruck of money babaaayyyyy

Just now, interloper said:

Yeah, I mean, I will not be surprised to see the payroll be pretty low for several years. But I'm not ready to say they won't pump money into it if they think they're close. Hopefully with Elias we get more extensions from our own players in the prime of their careers, less stupid free agency deals now that we have real data on players, and more influx of young cheap talent from the minors. 

This will still be a $100+ million payroll team when it wants to be. IMO.

I'm not expecting them to turn into the Rays or A's, but I'm also not expecting them to be in the top half at any point going forward.

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think the sons are going to spend as much as the father did.

I think the team is going to be their main source of income going forward.

I am not in total agreement with you on this point.

I think there isnt much sense to spend for the next 2 seasons, I am reserving judgement until I see how they go after 2021.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

I am not in total agreement with you on this point.

I think there isnt much sense to spend for the next 2 seasons, I am reserving judgement until I see how they go after 2021.

I admit I could easily be wrong.

It's pure speculation on my part.

Archived