What will Buck be doing this year?

Diehard_O's_Fan

Playing bridge with Dan and the wives?

My guess is Buck will take the year off, then go back to TV assuming no major league job comes calling.   He did say several times that he expected the Orioles to be his “last rodeo.”

Probably watching games and just relaxing. I wouldn't be surprised if he's retired more or less. He's 63 this year I believe but I'm sure if there was an interesting opportunity close to home, he wouldn't turn it down. I'll miss Buck. Longest O's tenured manager of my lifetime and the first O's manager that my mom really got to know since she turned from very casual fan from my childhood to early 20's to more attentive in the Buck years. 

2 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Does anyone know what Buck will be doing this year? Will he be working in a front office, doing tv work, enjoying retirement, etc? I will absolutely miss Buck. He was a great manager and one of the better things to happen to the Orioles.

I couldn't care less. 

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Tough crowd for the manager who got your favorite team back to the playoffs for the first time since the 1990s! 

Real nice.

It's real nice because it's not my business. Some fans want to what's he going to do? I don't care. I am a private person. I don't extend my nose into other folks business. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Thorne suggested today that MLB should hire him for head of administrative duties. He was mostly joking but that is right up his alley. 

Yes, getting rid of on deck circles and bullpen mounds on the field that might injure players.

Archived