Embarrassing day for the O's

wildcard

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I said ‘if the presumption’ not ‘I presume he’s this or that’. I know exactly what Rickard is and is not, but thx. 

And btw, he doesn’t play great defense, but he is above average.

I didn't think you were saying that. Just commented to your post to share my thoughts on the topic.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Dumb question about defense... I expect the answer to be “no” but somehow on the Internet there’s always someone to tell me otherwise:

Obviously pitching and hitting is more difficult the higher the league you’re in, but does defense change? Like, is playing centerfield in the MLB harder than AAA? 

Assuming all parks are equal, that is.

Defense is actually harder in the minors due to less even field conditions.

But in terms of MLEs and wins over replacement etc. most of them assume that defense doesn't change at higher levels, as they don't make any specific adjustments for defense when between levels.

11 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Yesterday was rough... today is rougher. More than likely the whole season will be really rough, or embarrassing. 

And to think people on here were actually thinking the Orioles to surprise people based on some ST games...  This is a 50 win team here.  Nothing more Nothing less (:noidea:) ....  We really just need to keep stacking the farm with prospects and hope in a few years we have some good MLB players that come out of it.  The problem we have, is that we have no decent talent to even trade for prospects.  Looks like we will have to build through the draft and international signings only for now.

Its not only going to be a long season... its going to be a long time until we are competitive again.

6 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

And to think people on here were actually thinking the Orioles to surprise people based on some ST games...  This is a 50 win team here.  Nothing more Nothing less (:noidea:) ....  We really just need to keep stacking the farm with prospects and hope in a few years we have some good MLB players that come out of it.  The problem we have, is that we have no decent talent to even trade for prospects.  Looks like we will have to build through the draft and international signings only for now.

Its not only going to be a long season... its going to be a long time until we are competitive again.

Unfortunately a lot longer than some may realize. There's a very limited amount of ML talent anywhere in this organization.

17 minutes ago, Natty said:

Mullins went 0 for 3 with two K's. Avg down to .139. They replace him in CF with Jackson who got a HR and raised his avg to .412. 

I love Mullins but not looking good for the kid...

42 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Who's the best player who started out like Rickard?  Zack Cozart had that one year.  Sean Rodriguez, too.  Michael Barrett.

Taylor is hurt for the Nats, serious injury. 

Rickard would not be a bad option for them. 

47 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yet we scored 9 runs!   Woohoo!

There were some good things today.   Jackson, Villar, Mancini, Rickard and Ruiz hit pretty well.  Bleier looks like he is rounding in to shape after his injury.

Two weeks to go is not a good time for Hess to get a mulligan.  Its gives other starters a chance to move passed him.

Archived