Clancy the beer vendor gets his own beer

Going Underground

16 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Haskett, who often frequents Sliders Bar & Grille since co-owner Mark Sheubrooks is an old classmate of his from Lansdowne High School, remembers it a little differently.

“I was saying, ‘Man, nobody is gonna buy my beer,’” he says with a laugh. “People know me on the first-base side, but I don’t know how many people care about me beyond that point. But when we brought the idea to Mark and [his daughter] Rachel, they were like, ‘Hell yes, let’s try it.’”

With that in mind, Haskett has big plans for the Fancy Clancy Pilsner. He’d like to see it end up in cans at the stadium, a real full-circle moment for the long-time vendor.

“As you get older, you think about what you’ve done in the past,” Haskett says. “After 45 years, this makes you feel appreciated—people are really giving me a little respect. If this beer takes off, hey look out.”

https://www.baltimoremagazine.com/section/sports/fancy-clancy-pilsner-to-debut-at-sliders-on-opening-day

I guess you're saying he's being self deprecating about it. But he has to really feel honored about this. How could he not? I think the last paragraph confirms his longtime contribution. 

1 minute ago, NashLumber said:

I guess you're saying he's being self deprecating about it. But he has to really feel honored about this. How could he not? I think the last paragraph confirms his longtime contribution. 

It’s really nice to see a beer vendor get that kind of attention.   Baltimore loves its hard-working Working Class, and that’s one reason it’s a special place.    

Archived