Opening day lineup?

ChuckS

47 minutes ago, Philip said:

I question whether Davis would hit so high? If we insist on putting him in the lineup, I’ll be sad. But if we insist on betting him fifth, I will be confused. I also still think that Nunez won’t make the team.

I would question it as well, but until I see him in the 7 or 8 hole where he belongs I assume he will be somewhere in the middle of the order.  Nunez is making the team unless he is IL'd for some reason. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Why? His defense is awful. We already have too many guys who hit but can’t defend.

Only 24. He's got a bat with some upside.  Trumbo and Davis aren't long for this team and Nunez can play some 1B and DH if necessary.  

I disagree that we have too many guys who can hit.  I think that's laughable.  

Nunez could lead this team in slugging this year.  Not saying he will, but he certainly has the potential.  They aren't just going to DFA him.  

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Smith JR with another homer tonight. Has hit near .300 in his past limited MLB experience.26 years old... I think he should make the team. He’s more valuable than Rickard IMO

I don't think we have to choose between the two.  They can both make the team. Smith Jr's minor league #'s are not impressive at all. I'm not sure he's going to be any better than Rickard but we can find out.  

9 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I like Smith but read some Jays fans really were down on even is COF defense. Seems like a stretch for CF. 

I think there is room for Smith, Rickard, and Nunez. 

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

I disagree that we have too many guys who can hit.  I think that's laughable.  

You completely Misunderstood me. I said we have “too many guys who can hit but can’t defend.” We don’t need another player who is useless on Defense.

9 minutes ago, Philip said:

You completely Misunderstood me. I said we have “too many guys who can hit but can’t defend.” We don’t need another player who is useless on Defense.

We have guys who can't defend and also can't hit very well, so I stand by original statement.  You were implying that we didn't need any more offensive first players with questionable defense.  I disagree with that. 

We need young bats and gloves of all shapes and sizes and Nunez led our team in OPS last year after Machado was dealt.   That's enough to not get DFA'd from the worst team in baseball. Nunez isn't some uber prospect but he's shown enough promise that he is worth keeping on the roster.  

40 minutes ago, Philip said:

Besides Nunez and Mancini who are those guys?

38 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

We have guys who can't defend and also can't hit very well, so I stand by original statement.  You were implying that we didn't need any more offensive first players with questionable defense.  I disagree with that. 

We need young bats and gloves of all shapes and sizes and Nunez led our team in OPS last year after Machado was dealt.   That's enough to not get DFA'd from the worst team in baseball. Nunez isn't some uber prospect but he's shown enough promise that he is worth keeping on the roster.  

Ok I respect your position but I strenuously disagree. Nunez sucks with the glove, we already have a plethora of DH/1B types, and his bat doesn’t compensate for his glove. Good defense helps the pitchers, and God knows they need all the help they can get. I’d rather lose 4-0 than 14-2. 

Archived