Tony Clark Keeping His Eye on the Orioles

TonySoprano

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

You know they changed them right?  Different filling and they don't fry them anymore.

Ah, the snob of the board showing his true colors.  Proving my theory right...there are two types of people, those who like McDonald's and those who lie about not liking it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ah, the snob of the board showing his true colors.  Proving my theory right...there are two types of people, those who like McDonald's and those who lie about not liking it.

I was just trying to look out for you so you didn't end up with a bunch of baked disappointment. 

Tony Clark can bleep right off.  He should go keep an eye on the Marlins if he wants to look at a crappy example of a team that tanks.  We had one of the higher payrolls in MLB for the last few seasons....if anything, we delayed rebuilding to the team's detriment in 2017 and 2018.

I can't even begin to describe how much those quotes and articles ticked me off.

1 hour ago, esmd said:

Tony Clark can bleep right off.  He should go keep an eye on the Marlins if he wants to look at a crappy example of a team that tanks.  We had one of the higher payrolls in MLB for the last few seasons....if anything, we delayed rebuilding to the team's detriment in 2017 and 2018.

I can't even begin to describe how much those quotes and articles ticked me off.

Also the Orioles overpaid players in some instances and bidding against themselves.

9 hours ago, esmd said:

After reading Tony Clark's Wikipedia page I'm getting some SERIOUS Brady Anderson vibes. He didn't finish college (his predecessor had a law degree) and he's the first former MLB player the Association has elected. It'll be interesting to see what they do when he's up for reelection in 2022. 

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not sure what you mean.

The MLBPA has collectively bargained:

1. Draft slots
  2. No ML contracts for draftees
  3. International sloting

All three of those hurt non-union members.

How much do you think Rutschman would get under the old system?  He'd pretty much be a lock for a ML contract as well right?

Diaz got 15.5M how much did VVM get?

My remark had to do with your comment that the public doesn’t know all that history.    All that information is out there in public.   That’s how you know about it.    So why do you say the public doesn’t know?    The public knows, but it doesn’t really care.   

14 hours ago, Barnaby Graves said:

I don't want to derail the thread, and, no offense to your wife of course, but even if she was Dr. House I wouldn't want to be seen by someone who'd been working 36 hour shifts.  That is lunacy.  Did that include sleep?  It had to, right?

It depends on how busy the unit was.  Sometimes, they weren't able to sleep at all, and when they did sleep, it was only for a couple hours.  They've since changed the rules and put a limit on the hours.

25 minutes ago, Richmond Bird 9 said:

Where were Tony Clarks eyes when we signed Chris Davis. He should have stepped in and said this will be a bad contract and we could use that money better in 2018-2019 to have a better team. 

He represents the "Players" Association not the Owners Association.

Archived