Maryland vs. Belmont

Terps are going up against Belmont, the second highest scoring team in the nation behind Gonzaga.  Belmont likes to push the tempo, Maryland is gonna have to get back on defense and guard the three because Belmont shoots a lot of them.  Terps are 3 point favorites.  Gonna need to get Cowan and Fernando going early or else this could end up a sad result.  

I just realized the Terps are undefeated when I start the game thread so hopefully the trend continues!  Let's get it Terps.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sdmarkakis said:

Belmont's D is 115th  according to kenpom.  If we're shooting well, we will destroy them. If we aren't, we lose. Pretty simplee.

I agree.  Terps are clearly more athletic.  If Fernando can establish position down low and guys can find him then he can score or find the open man. Then guys need to hit shots like you said. That's pretty much been the gameplan all year. And please no dumb turnovers. I read that Belmont doesn't force that many turnovers.

I want to see Cowan be more aggressive driving to the rim too. If the shot isn't there then dish it. Time for him to show he wants it and that he can lead a team.

At the risk of jinxing things I'll say the Terps win by 6+ points. They have to be hungry to redeem themselves. You would think...

Archived