Maryland vs. Belmont

Before the season I would have just been satisfied with just a tournament birth.  Now that we are here, I'm at my break even point if we lose to LSU tomorrow.  A Sweet 16 would definitely be exceeding expectations. 

It's been a successful season and everyone but Bruno should be coming back next year.  We have a four star center coming in to take his place and everyone else will have a year more experience, so I think next season the expectations should be that we at least make the Sweet 16. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

I think it's hard to say that a team loaded with this many freshman is Turgeon's most talented team.  The team that had Trimble, Layman, Diamond Stone, and Robert Carter was much better on paper...

Paper folds, my friend. Diamond Stone was a stiff relative to expectation. Robert Carter was soft as hell. Love Trimble to death [unlike some people who took him for granted] but he regressed after his killer freshman year and he was also more smarts and hard work than pure talent. I'll take Bruno Fernando over any of those guys by a mile and Smith is also more talented [clearly needs to be refined]. Guys like Lindo and Wiggins are dripping with talent, just need to develop. Stand by what I said, this is the most pure talent Turgeon has had. BTW I actually prefer the Trimble freshman year plus Dez team; thought those two had amazing chemistry. Layman made baby step progress each year but he was more of a complimentary guy like we were talking about earlier (by his senior year he was maybe a touch above that but he was just never a focal point type here).

Yes, this is a young team. Almost every team is young though by virtue of guys leaving early the second they show well.

Archived