Maryland vs. Belmont

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, sdmarkakis said:

Cowan is trash. Another game that is on his bad shooting if we lose. Story  of a lot of games this season. Wouldnt be unhappy  to get rid of him.

Love how he just keeps heaving up threes.

Guy is a loser. LOL at the neg to your comment.

19 minutes ago, sdmarkakis said:

Would you say hes a.... loser?

Gonna win in spite of him. Guy simply is a low IQ player. Forces too many threes, forces too many passes. It is what it is.

Belmont really should have won that game.

You have 2 NBA bigs, just feed them or drive. Shouldn't not be that difficult.

Anthony Cowan did everything he could to lose this for us.  3 of 18 shooting.  Missing free throws down the stretch.  We won entirely in spite of him.

We didn't turn the ball over very much today.  That was huge.  Jaylen Smith was huge.  Darryl Morsell played his ass off on both ends.  We wouldn't have won without either of those two stepping up today. 

Morsell has kind of been unhearleded this year. He made several huge plays today, including the dish to Stix for the and one. Grabbed lots of loose balls. His and one with about three minutes left gave us the lead for good.

And Cowan did indeed play horribly. Very disappointed by him. However, he did make one of the biggest shots of the game. The one three he hit tied the game up. 

18 minutes ago, Oriole4Life said:

And Cowan did indeed play horribly. Very disappointed by him. However, he did make one of the biggest shots of the game. The one three he hit tied the game up. 

I don't know where his head is.   Check out the picture from last Sunday.  While everyone else is jumping up and down, he's sitting.  Maybe that's just his personality.
750x422

BTW, if you grew up in the DC area, you remember this.

34 minutes ago, Oriole4Life said:

Morsell has kind of been unheralded this year. He made several huge plays today, including the dish to Stix for the and one. Grabbed lots of loose balls. His and one with about three minutes left gave us the lead for good.

Morsell plays great defense and is a terrific driver. Not great from three, but he's been better this year about shot selection. He's the type of complimentary player a good team needs (similar profile to Byron Mouton the year we won) or like a Terence Morris. Those guys do a lot of the dirty work but they're invaluable.

46 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Morsell plays great defense and is a terrific driver. Not great from three, but he's been better this year about shot selection. He's the type of complimentary player a good team needs (similar profile to Byron Mouton the year we won) or like a Terence Morris. Those guys do a lot of the dirty work but they're invaluable.

I'm amused you mentioned Terence Morris - I don't think he was a complimentary player at all. If he went pro in 99 or 2000, I think he would have been a first round pick and he would have been given a more serious chance in the NBA.

20 minutes ago, Hallas said:

I'm amused you mentioned Terence Morris - I don't think he was a complimentary player at all.

His final year, that's what he was. Obviously had the ability to do more. But great defender, chipped in a dozen or so points, made smart plays/passes that type of thing.

If memory serves, Steve Francis got him to Houston, and they played together for a couple years. Then he was promptly out of the league.

Archived