Defying expectations

LocoChris

30 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Beckham, two homers today.

26 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Let me know how he is from May until seasons end. He had a great month here too...

Don’t know why, but I find myself rooting for Beckham.    I hope he breaks out and shows why he was a no. 1 overall pick all those years ago.    I realize that was 11 years ago and if he hasn’t done it by now the odds are overwhelming that he never will.   And I realize that he didn’t do a lot as an Oriole after his first month with the club, so little that we released him.   But I would still like to see him do well.   

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Don’t know why, but I find myself rooting for Beckham.    I hope he breaks out and shows why he was a no. 1 overall pick all those years ago.    I realize that was 11 years ago and if he hasn’t done it by now the odds are overwhelming that he never will.   And I realize that he didn’t do a lot as an Oriole after his first month with the club, so little that we released him.   But I would still like to see him do well.   

I'm into it, I feel the same way.

I think Ruiz has a chance to be a 2-3 WAR player. It’s really easy for 3B to rack up WAR. Plus he’s good defensively and looks like he has a solid approach at the plate. I think he’s going to anchor the hot corner for a long time during this rebuild. Mountcastle seems like he’s going to 1st. Bannon looked really small, unathletic, and had a weak arm, from what I saw in ST. 

Archived