Starting pitching available

OriolesMagic83

1 minute ago, LocoChris said:

Didn’t Cobb say it was something he could have played through in a regular season game?

More like it was something he would have tried[/] to push through if it was the regular season.    He clearly made the right decision to cut his outing short.    Crossing my fingers that he feels better in his bullpen session.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, wildcard said:

How long have you been an O's fan?  Needing pitching is not new to the O's.   They just traded for Tyler Herb,  27 year old 5th starter candidate.  He and the other 5th starters like Rogers, Wright, Means, Ynoa, and Ramirez are probably as good as the guys you mentioned.  The O's are going to lose this season.

What the O's need is Harvey, Akin and Kremer to have good years in the minors and be ready to help this year next season.

I agree with you.

9 hours ago, wildcard said:

How long have you been an O's fan?  Needing pitching is not new to the O's.   They just traded for Tyler Herb,  27 year old 5th starter candidate.  He and the other 5th starters like Rogers, Wright, Means, Ynoa, and Ramirez are probably as good as the guys you mentioned.  The O's are going to lose this season.

What the O's need is Harvey, Akin and Kremer to have good years in the minors and be ready to help this year next season.

I've been an O's fan since 1982.  It's obvious the O's are going to be terrible this year, they just need more depth.  I'm almost old enough to remember when the O's were the best team at developing pitching.

17 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I've been an O's fan since 1982.  It's obvious the O's are going to be terrible this year, they just need more depth.  I'm almost old enough to remember when the O's were the best team at developing pitching.

Then you are really old......like me.

22 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Then you are really old......like me.

Worst part is there are now 40 year olds whose recollection of the 1983 team is fuzzy at best.

1983 was the first year I started really watching baseball. As I kid I thought cool, little did I know it would be 36 years later and still waiting for another trip back to the World Series.

31 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Worst part is there are now 40 year olds whose recollection of the 1983 team is fuzzy at best.

1983 was the first year I started really watching baseball. As I kid I thought cool, little did I know it would be 36 years later and still waiting for another trip back to the World Series.

If it makes you feel any better, they weren't very good when I became a fan in the late '50s. In fact, the only merch available was a #5 t-shirt. Brooks, Gus Triandos, Hoyt Wilhelm and Billy O'Dell  were our heroes.

17 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Then there are 70 year olds like me that can only name one or two players from the 1983 team. Cal is the only one I can think of.

23 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

If it makes you feel any better, they weren't very good when I became a fan in the late '60s. In fact, the only merch available was a #5 t-shirt. Brooks, Gus Triandos, Hoyt Wilhelm and Billy O'Dell  were our heroes.

I assume that you meant to say late '50s.

34 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm 40; would have been 5 then. I can't remember it much except I watched baseball.

10 hours ago, wildcard said:

You do need to be able to have 9 innings of pitching per game.  Well only 8 for road games for the Orioles.  If your starters can only go a couple of innings I am not sure even with a shuttle back and forth from the minors how you are going to cover all the innings.  

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Come on now, don't tell me you don't remember the other two Hall of Famers on that team. 

Or Dempsey, Singleton, Bumbry, Cruz, Flanagan, Tippy, McGregor,  Dauer.  Lowenstein/Roenicke. 

Archived