Hundreds of Opening Day Tickets available now

fansince1988

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Da Bronx South is the fearful image I envision.  As @interloper might say, "Hoo boy!"  :leaving:

The NY/Red Sox fans from Northern VA (who also root for the Nats) are bad enough. A friend of mine from out of town asks "how come every-time I come up here they are playing the Blue Jays or Tampa Bay??" The divisions are stale, and I'm done paying to see AL East opponents.

32 minutes ago, atomic said:

The Orioles cant even sell out opening day against the Yankees.  I am guessing most fans aren't on board with the triple A team plan.

On par for you. 

They keep tickets back for season ticket sales and release them later on. 

You act like they have had OD tickets for sale for months now. 

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:

On par for you. 

They keep tickets back for season ticket sales and release them later on. 

You act like they have had OD tickets for sale for months now. 

I am guessing you have never bought opening day tickets.  I have in many seasons and most of the time the only thing that gets released to general fans is standing room only seats.  And those get snat hed up instantly. Last year they had some regular seats but they went quickly.  This year tons of tickets still available and against the Yankees no less.  I am guessing you will be able to find opening day tickets on stubhub for next to nothing the day before the game.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I am guessing you have never bought opening day tickets.  I have in many seasons and most of the time the only thing that gets released to general fans is standing room only seats.  And those get snat hed up instantly. Last year they had some regular seats but they went quickly.  This year tons of tickets still available and against the Yankees no less.  I am guessing you will be able to find opening day tickets on stubhub for next to nothing the day before the game.

I have been going for years. 

Once again my point is until now they have not released single tickets. Nobody is arguing season sales are way down.  

9 hours ago, atomic said:

The Orioles cant even sell out opening day against the Yankees.  I am guessing most fans aren't on board with the triple A team plan.

You can be on board with the plan and yet not be particularly interested in watching this year’s team play, since the plan doesn’t include this year’s team being good.    

9 hours ago, atomic said:

Your goofy assessments are really, really getting close to trolling. If you keeps saying the same things, over and over in every thread, that is trolling. 

We get it, you don't like how Elias is going about rebuilding this team. Point taken! 

Somebody could cure cancer and you'd probably be like, "Well, cancer really wasn't all that bad and besides, why didn't they cure it earlier?"

Dude, relax. We all know the team is going to be bad this year. And yes, just because we are willing to except some bad teams over the next year or two, doesn't mean we aren't good fans. it means we are knowledgeable enough to know that Elias was part of an organization that rebuilt itself quite well, and we're willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as he begins his rebuild. 

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will a sustainable winning franchise. 

22 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Your goofy assessments are really, really getting close to trolling. If you keeps saying the same things, over and over in every thread, that is trolling. 

We get it, you don't like how Elias is going about rebuilding this team. Point taken! 

Somebody could cure cancer and you'd probably be like, "Well, cancer really wasn't all that bad and besides, why didn't they cure it earlier?"

Dude, relax. We all know the team is going to be bad this year. And yes, just because we are willing to except some bad teams over the next year or two, doesn't mean we aren't good fans. it means we are knowledgeable enough to know that Elias was part of an organization that rebuilt itself quite well, and we're willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as he begins his rebuild. 

Didn’t you know Elias was supposed to turnaround a 115 loss team with a barren farm system in one offseason?  ?‍♂️

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:05 AM, fansince1988 said:

I have no interest in paying to see any AL East opponent, but for those that are looking for tickets there are plenty left.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/opening-day?tfl=Baltimore_Orioles-Schedule-Baltimore_Orioles:_Schedule:_Schedule-na-x0-Desktop-Landscape

Thanks so much sir!

I am going to my first home opener in years!   And taking my parents who I don't think have ever gone.    :)

Looking forward to it.   There will be some orange.

10 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

But he isn't even trying to make the team better.  And he is even keeping all the prospects down.  There is no reason to purposely have the worst major league team.  I was expecting some prospects to play and acquiring of some guys who could help the team win some games.  Not total Triple A team mode. 

7 hours ago, atomic said:

But he isn't even trying to make the team better.  And he is even keeping all the prospects down.  There is no reason to purposely have the worst major league team.  I was expecting some prospects to play and acquiring of some guys who could help the team win some games.  Not total Triple A team mode. 

You do understand that's what you wanted to happen, not what Elias ever said would happen.

Elias is making every move with 3 years in the future in mind. If he feels Hays, Diaz, Santander, and Mountcastle will be better players in three years because of some more development time, I'm fine with that.

Would it be more exciting to watch the team with them on it, sure, but I knew this season was going to be what it was, and I didn't see any of those guys breaking camp in the opening day roster.

Do I think all of them will see Baltimore at some point this year? Probably. If not this year, next year for sure. 

This is team is trying to collect talent for the future so they are willing to start the year with three Rule 5 guys, one of which will be the starting SS, three 4th/platoon outfielders (Mullins, Smith and Rickard), two potential backups at catcher (Severino - who may have a starter upside and Sucre) and a pitching staff that will scare no one besides their own fielders.= who have no protect themselves from those rockets! :D Oh, and he also has a $23 million boat anchor that he probably has to keep on the roster at least through May. 

There are things of interest. I'm interested in seeing how Ruiz looks at 3B and Martin at SS to see if they can part of a winning future. I'm interested in watching Jackson once the season starts. I'm interested in seeing if Mullins can be effective enough against righties or if Severino can hit enough to compliment his rocket arm. Villar is a pretty good player that should be fun to watch and we can hope he has a big year so he becomes flippable at the trading deadline.

Same could be said about Cobb, Cashner and Bundy when it comes to hoping they are flippable at the deadline.

I'm also interested in following the minor league night in and night out.

We all know the Orioles are not going to be very good this year, and I hope they can manage to not lose 100 games, but I also would like them to get the 1st overall pick again in 2020.

7 hours ago, atomic said:

Yes. There is. There is a very specific reason why the Orioles should have the worst team.  But of course you know this. 

Archived