Today is Ynoa chance to make the team

wildcard

Yacabonis has fallen back.  Scott's control has not been good.  The O's could use a long man in the pen.   Ynoa pitches today.  If he pitches well he could stay.

Could be Sucre and Ynoa up:  Alberto and Severino DFA'd.   But he has to pitch well today to make that happen.

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Yacabonis has fallen back.  Scott's control has not been good.  The O's could use a long man in the pen.   Ynoa pitches today.  If he pitches well he could stay.

Could be Sucre and Ynoa up:  Alberto and Severino DFA'd.   But he has to pitch well today to make that happen.

I've seen nothing this spring to indicate that performance in spring training games has any impact on roster decisions.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I've seen nothing this spring to indicate that performance in spring training games has any impact on roster decisions.

Really?  So if  Martin and Jackson would have just stunk,  do you think they would still be here?      If Ruiz had not hit and made a bunch of errors would he be here?  If Sisco let every other pitch go to the back stop would he be here?  

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Really?  So if  Martin and Jackson would have just stunk,  do you think they would still be here?      If Ruiz had not hit and made a bunch of errors would he be here?  If Sisco let every other pitch go to the back stop would he be here?  

Where are Hays, Diaz and Mountcastle?

Where is Davis?

Yes I suppose if players had been truly terrible they could have lost their positions but let's not pretend that this is being run as a meritocracy.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

His chances are even greater if Cobb's injury requires an IL stint. 

9 hours ago, wildcard said:

Yeah I think Martin and Jackson would be here no matter how they performed.  

9 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Where are Hays, Diaz and Mountcastle?

Where is Davis?

Yes I suppose if players had been truly terrible they could have lost their positions but let's not pretend that this is being run as a meritocracy.

I would almost think the O's are trying to run away with the #1 pick by the All Star break.  I know the O's were going to be bad this year, but this is suspect w/ all the union's talk of teams tanking.  The only other reason I can think of is that the O's don't want to worry about losing the #1 pick because a couple of the youngsters are tearing it up.

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would almost think the O's are trying to run away with the #1 pick by the All Star break.  I know the O's were going to be bad this year, but this is suspect w/ all the union's talk of teams tanking.  The only other reason I can think of is that the O's don't want to worry about losing the #1 pick because a couple of the youngsters are tearing it up.

I would rather the young players were tearing it up than to get the #1 overall pick.  #1 overall pick in baseball gurantees you nothing.  I would take a bunch of young  players perfoming over the next Tim Beckham, Delmon Young or Mark Appel.  

Archived