WAKE UP IT'S OPENING DAY!!!!

mdbdotcom

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Opening Day optimism burst prediction:  We are going to be 3-3 opening Camden next Thursday.

We'll get handled today, but Paxton and Happ aren't going to think too hard about all our nobodies and we'll square up a couple pitches that are a little too bold.  One of those days Bundy's new pitch mix or the Karns Opener (as CoC has advocated for Oriole strategy modification for longer than many of us, we might should refer to this as Opening a Can of Karns on opponents) prevails.

The real psychobabble is in Toronto.  I imagine Marcus Stroman is unhappy this morning - he may not have realized how much his GM thinks his team stinks too.  Vlad isn't through that door yet, the veterans aren't sure how to process Kendrys's surprise exit - we know who we are, and steal the series.

1 hour ago, NashLumber said:

In her defense, it was her idea we took our  honeymoon four years ago for opening week at Camden Yards. 6 games. She’d love to see the games as much as me. Just the timing was way off this time. 

Shame on you, As an Oriole fan ,you should have quit your job and your wife also should have quit. The Orioles are opening in the Bronx and you will not be around. Maybe this British fan can  show you the way. Go the distance to Yankee Stadium. Ease the Oriole pain. If you are not working ,you will be able to come to Yankee Stadium. 

Joey Mellows is taking his passion for baseball on the road -- for the long haul.

The 34-year-old Englishman, better known by his @BaseballBrit Twitter handle, has quit his day job to watch an entire season of baseball games across three continents.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26370489/englishman-quits-job-watch-year-baseball?device=featurephone

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think i prefer this to Christmas.  I'm not kidding.

Christmas = 1 day off, 4 months of bitter cold ahead

Opening Day = 1 day off, 162 games of baseball ahead and warmer weather a few weeks away

Pity all the folks north of Texas. Warmer weather is already here...HOTTER weather is only a few weeks away...and then you can pity us, haha

Archived