WAKE UP IT'S OPENING DAY!!!!

mdbdotcom

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It's more about rooting against Duke than it is about rooting for anyone else. They have a lonnnnnnnnng history of very hatable players. Laetrner, Wojo, Collins, Reddick, Allen and of course Coach K. 

You forgot Bobby Hurley.

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It's more about rooting against Duke than it is about rooting for anyone else. They have a lonnnnnnnnng history of very hatable players. Laetrner, Wojo, Collins, Reddick, Allen and of course Coach K. 

The UNC fandom is frantic in my area. I technically live in the Durham city limits but I’m closer to UNC than Duke. Soooo many of my friends are rabid Tarheel fans. On social media, especially Facebook, it gets tiresome. The Duke fans I know (and far fewer of my friends are), are much more restrained about their fandom, and most of them actually attended Duke. The Duke students of course are wide open (Cameron Crazies), but I attend very few hoops games in person, so they don’t affect me. The main knock I hear regarding Duke are the students and their reputation as coming down here from NJ and other NE states as they did not get into Ivy League schools and then turning their nose up at Durham as it’s so-called “dangerous and dirty”.
There’s a rebuttal bumper sticker and shirt in town that says “Keep It Dirty, Durham”. Of course, a lot of this Duke rivalry smack talk is propagated by UNC alums.  

7 hours ago, NashLumber said:

In her defense, it was her idea we took our  honeymoon four years ago for opening week at Camden Yards. 6 games. She’d love to see the games as much as me. Just the timing was way off this time. 

And as it turned out, while my wife is at the convention center across the river in Hartford, I found the game on YES in the hotel room. Been watching since the fifth inning. Gonna nap when the game is a over and go meet her in town for dinner;. So I’ll probably do the same Saturday until it’s time to leave. 

1 hour ago, MongoBoy said:

You forgot Bobby Hurley.

Oh my goodness, you're absolutely right. Although I think I actually hated Wojo more than Hurley. I played a pick up game against him at a local park back in the day and he was talking sooooooooooooo much trash....until I pulled up and hit a three in his face. #truestory. 

3 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

And what is it with Coach K?  Every time I see him, his nose is getting bigger, and is eyes are squintingly smaller.  Pretty soon his whole head will be his nose where he will have to blow his eyes.

Archived