BEHOLD: Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2019

interloper

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Can we stop with the priority being on defense yet?

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Look, I'm OK with them playing there.  I just don't want folks saying defense is the priority of it isn't.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

In which case the roster shows that defense is not the main priority.

Like I said, I'm fine with it, I just don't like folks saying it's the priority when it isn't.

Who said that it was the priority?  Was it someone here?  It certainly wasn't someone connected with the Orioles.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Of course the major issue is Mancini, the O's have a number of guys in the minors that are superior, three of which are already on the 40.  I'd like to see if Diaz is the superior defender in Center but he of course got hurt after getting sent down to minor league camp.

As for Davis, I don't know if anyone is currently better but I'm sure someone could have been acquired if they had felt a need.

I do not think Diaz is hurt.   Last Thursday someone mentioned that Diaz fouled a ball off his foot and appeared to struggle getting off the field.    But the next day, he was included on Bowie’s “break camp” roster, so presumably he’s healthy.    

I doubt Diaz is a superior defensive CF to Mullins.    The O’s played Hays in CF much more often than Diaz this spring.    In any event, it’s pretty clear the O’s think Diaz has more work to do, since they’ve placed him in Bowie, where he almost certainly won’t be playing much CF since McKenna is there.  

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I do not think Diaz is hurt.   Last Thursday someone mentioned that Diaz fouled a ball off his foot and appeared to struggle getting off the field.    But the next day, he was included on Bowie’s “break camp” roster, so presumably he’s healthy.    

I doubt Diaz is a superior defensive CF to Mullins.    The O’s played Hays in CF much more often than Diaz this spring.    In any event, it’s pretty clear the O’s think Diaz has more work to do, since they’ve placed him in Bowie, where he almost certainly won’t be playing much CF since McKenna is there.  

I think he meant Hays, not Diaz.

5 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I think he meant Hays, not Diaz.

I meant Diaz.

And yes he may very well not be injured, I haven't heard one way or another.

Last I heard he had to leave a game.

It could end up being that Hays, Diaz and Mullins all end up grading around the same in center, just using different ways to get there.

9 minutes ago, NedFromYork said:

Possible to list the way OFFNY did?  These Twitter pics are clipped and the link doesn't resolve for me.  Thank you!

Mullins(B) CF Smith(L) LF Villar(B) 2B Mancini(R) RF Ruiz(L) 3B Nunez(R) DH Davis(L) 1B Sucre(R) C Martin(R) SS

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I meant Diaz.

And yes he may very well not be injured, I haven't heard one way or another.

Last I heard he had to leave a game.

It could end up being that Hays, Diaz and Mullins all end up grading around the same in center, just using different ways to get there.

Hays will end up being the choice, if he can stay healthy.

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Of course the major issue is Mancini, the O's have a number of guys in the minors that are superior, three of which are already on the 40.  

Nice sliding catch by Mancini coming in on a bloop tonight.    

3 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Lineup just posted.  Martin gets the night off.

CF Cedric Mullins

LF Dwight Smith Jr

SS Jonathan Villar

DH Trey Mancini

3B Rio Ruiz

RF Joey Rickard

1B Chris Davis

C Jesus Sucre

2B Hanser Alberto

Why not put Jackson in there somewhere?  I see weak hitters in there. We need hitters.