The Silver Lining Report: Game 1/162

interloper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I can't get the videos from mlb.com to embed.   :( 

But I did find this 10 minute highlight reel:

Man, Moose, if you could post these reels for 162 games, I might just check Game Threads, Minors and this thread only on Orioles Talk.

17 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I can't get the videos from mlb.com to embed.   :( 

But I did find this 10 minute highlight reel:

Trumbo made the highlight trailer cover at least as a paean to his 60 day stay on the IL!  Sorry I just can't stand Michael Kay - see ya!

On 3/29/2019 at 7:27 PM, bobmc said:

Good thread - sounds like one in which @Frobby will participate and @atomic might boycott - not sure though.  ?

I saw a discussion that the ball that Jesus was not blessed to secure was judged an "Infield Fly" and thus was an out already.  Voit was the only player moving incorrectly.  Agree that Davis was squeezed a few times.  Dwight Smith also had the highest EV on his single off the wall but sub-100 mph.

The team did not look intimidated.  I felt like Hyde did a great job getting nearly everyone in there including Nunez batting for Davis.  There's a new sheriff in town and I like it!

As bad as the final score was, it could have been so much worse.  I'm expecting a W in NY this trip!

@Moose Milligan just saying!  ⚾

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hey man, I'm happy to be proven wrong here.  Won't have a lot of wins this year, cherish the ones we get.  

Exactly.  Today's game could not have worked out much better.  We will probably not see .500 many more times but I just loved how Hyde managed and the guys like Sucre, Smith, Ruiz handled the pressure.  It might be a surprising year with a few more W's than we expect.

12 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Exactly.  Today's game could not have worked out much better.  We will probably not see .500 many more times but I just loved how Hyde managed and the guys like Sucre, Smith, Ruiz handled the pressure.  It might be a surprising year with a few more W's than we expect.

I am hoping that's the case.  I said a few weeks ago that the one wildcard here is the impact analytics will have on this team.  I know that Sig and Elias' magic pixie dust is embryonic right now, but if they can optimize lineups, matchups, openers, etc...it might make a difference. 

I know, I know, they're tanking.... ?But I sincerely believe that they're doing everything to give Hyde what he needs to win with what he's got.  Which ain't much, but that's what happens in a rebuild.

Archived