Nice while it lasted, but the sugar high is over

mdbdotcom

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Elias' goal is to finish with the worst record.

I disagree. Maybe not the main goal but he wouldn’t be disappointed. Not sure where you are going with that...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of the losses have been frustrating but overall it has been fun so far. Honestly more fun than watching good players underachieve and find ways to lose and swing at every pitch, which describes most of 2017 and 2018. 

I expected at least a couple 13-2 type losses so far, but they have been competitive. Those may come, but so far so good IMO. 

4 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’m not going to overreact to the hot start or today’s meltdown, but I would be very pleased and surprised if this team loses less than 100 games.

In addition, the degree of difficulty is likely to increase after the trade deadline. I expect players like Villar, Cobb, Cashner and Mancini to all be traded if Elias gets offers he likes.

And I know winning doesn’t matter this year, but please DFA Mike Wright tomorrow. He is never going to be even average as a pitcher and doesn’t have an albatross of a contract like Davis. 

If they trade Villar, Cobb, Cashner, and Mancini then no one will go to see the games. 

9 hours ago, Tbone83 said:

A couple of the losses have been frustrating but overall it has been fun so far. Honestly more fun than watching good players underachieve and find ways to lose and swing at every pitch, which describes most of 2017 and 2018. 

I expected at least a couple 13-2 type losses so far, but they have been competitive. Those may come, but so far so good IMO. 

I never, never, ever again want to watch an Orioles team like last year’s. I’ll take this anytime. 

I said it before and its worth repeating.

Nobody is under any illusions this is a WS bound team.

Stop over analyzing every move/non move.

Take time to enjoy the game itself, celebrate the victories and dont despair too much over the loses.

IMO, there are two goals here.

Do better than last season.

Work on building the foundation to the 2021 team.

9 hours ago, atomic said:

If they trade Villar, Cobb, Cashner, and Mancini then no one will go to see the games. 

Did you happen to see footage of the game yesterday?   There were a lot of green seats............something I've never seen before on Opening Day.  Attendance isn't really a thing this year.   It's gonna be bad.

22 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Did you happen to see footage of the game yesterday?   There were a lot of green seats............something I've never seen before on Opening Day.  Attendance isn't really a thing this year.   It's gonna be bad.

Paid attendance was about 1,000 short of last year.    

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Do you actually trust their numbers.  Last year I saw plenty of games where there were 2000 fans in attendance tops and they announce 10k fans paying to get in. 

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Do you actually trust their numbers.  Last year I saw plenty of games where there were 2000 fans in attendance tops and they announce 10k fans paying to get in.  Also it is paid attendance.  Although the tickets bought to resell on Stubhub that didn't get bought would be count in that number. 

Archived