Manny clarifies his comments

Going Underground

Manny is in DC today.

From the Sun:

Manny on what he was really saying in the SI interview: "That had nothing to do with the fans. That was towards the organization and ownership – how they did things. Obviously, you see how it is. How they did it."

Manny Machado, in DC this weekend, said today he wasn't referring to fans with negative comment about O's in Sports Illustrated in February: “That wasn’t about the fans. The fans were always there. The fans always supported us no matter what."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Eh, it's been a few months, Manny's gone.  I appreciate that he cares enough to try to clarify it but I honestly don't really care too much.

Yeah, it’s water under the bridge. Manny, to paraphrase the late great Jimmy Dugan,

“There’s no love in baseball.” At least not in the business of baseball.

Fans, sure. So basically to moan about management not showing him the love, it’s just whining. His bucket overfloweth with love with that 300 million contract. 

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Manny is in DC today.

From the Sun:

Manny on what he was really saying in the SI interview: "That had nothing to do with the fans. That was towards the organization and ownership – how they did things. Obviously, you see how it is. How they did it."

Manny Machado, in DC this weekend, said today he wasn't referring to fans with negative comment about O's in Sports Illustrated in February: “That wasn’t about the fans. The fans were always there. The fans always supported us no matter what."

As if he was ever going to sign here...lol.   Just go play and keep the rest of it to yourself. 

28 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

As if he was ever going to sign here...lol.   Just go play and keep the rest of it to yourself. 

Dunno, I think we might have had a shot at one point.  

IMO, I think he took one look at the Davis deal and went "Well if they're going to give him THAT..."

4 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Yeah, it’s water under the bridge. Manny, to paraphrase the late great Jimmy Dugan,

“There’s no love in baseball.” At least not in the business of baseball.

Fans, sure. So basically to moan about management not showing him the love, it’s just whining. His bucket overfloweth with love with that 300 million contract. 

I thought there was no crying in baseball.  

8 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Come on you’re supposed to overreact and complain about how the league is out to get the Orioles. Or at least that is what listening to callers on 105.7 The Fan taught me. 

Does anyone still listen to that station??... Its been years for me but it always seem every show had the same handful of callers that had nothing to do all day.

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Dunno, I think we might have had a shot at one point.  

IMO, I think he took one look at the Davis deal and went "Well if they're going to give him THAT..."

Only window we might have had was after his second knee injury, imho. 

14 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Eh, it's been a few months, Manny's gone.  I appreciate that he cares enough to try to clarify it but I honestly don't really care too much.

I agree with you. Why worry about what said? He is gone.

Archived