O's forced to bring up an outfielder?

wildcard

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We’ll see if Sucre gets claimed or leaves the organization.   

Could be a trade. I'd love to know more about the behind-the-scenes of this particular move. Certainly I've softened on Sucre's effectiveness these days but is it more about Sucre or Wynns?

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Could be a trade. I'd love to know more about the behind-the-scenes of this particular move. Certainly I've softened on Sucre's effectiveness these days but is it more about Sucre or Wynns?

I suspect more about Wynns.   3 years younger, not a great hitter but historically better than Sucre or Severino, and a pretty good defender even if he doesn’t have quite the hose Sucre does.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I suspect more about Wynns.   3 years younger, not a great hitter but historically better than Sucre or Severino, and a pretty good defender even if he doesn’t have quite the hose Sucre does.   

TMI - many bad images here.  Ewww

But looking forward to Wynnie starting today!

40 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Cobb on IL? *facepalm*

Jimmy Yac instead of Tanner Scott? *facepalm*

Luis Ortiz? *facepalm*

DFA Sucre? Ok, a bit surprising.

Kline getting an extended look now? Ok, now we are talking....

Wynns back in the majors? *Running to BWI for a flight*

Perhaps Elias just wants to show Schoopie what we got for him?  ⚾

14 minutes ago, interloper said:

I doubt there will be a trade. I’m pretty sure that Hsu Gray has enough service time to refuse an assignment to the minor leagues, so most teams would just wait for him to clear waivers, declare Free Agency, and then negotiate with him directly.

It’s possible that a team might want to avoid a bidding war and claim him directly, but I’m not sure he’s valuable enough for that. I do think he has value though and I do think he’s going to be with another team in very short time.

Just now, Philip said:

I doubt there will be a trade. I’m pretty sure that Hsu Gray has enough service time to refuse an assignment to the minor leagues, so most teams would just wait for him to clear waivers, declare Free Agency, and then negotiate with him directly.

It’s possible that a team might want to avoid a bidding war and claim him directly, but I’m not sure he’s valuable enough for that. I do think he has value though and I do think he’s going to be with another team in very short time.

“Hsu Gray” = “Sucre”

”Oy, always with the typos, and the misspelling, and the Truncheons...”

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I really like Wynns. Might as well see what you have in most of a ML season.

4/28/19 Baltimore Orioles placed RHP Alex Cobb on the 10-day injured list retroactive to April 27, 2019. Lumbar strain.
4/28/19 Baltimore Orioles designated C Jesus Sucre for assignment.
4/28/19 Baltimore Orioles optioned RHP Jimmy Yacabonis to Norfolk Tides.
4/28/19 Baltimore Orioles recalled C Austin Wynns from Norfolk Tides.
4/28/19 Baltimore Orioles recalled RHP Branden Kline from Norfolk Tides.
4/28/19 Baltimore Orioles recalled RHP Luis Ortiz from Norfolk Tides.

Archived