The pitching has been better in May

Frobby

6.05 ERA in March/April

3.98 ERA in May

73 homers allowed in 30 games in March/April 

16 homers allowed in 12 games in May

Now that I’ve written this, I fully expect we’ll get bombed tonight.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, all I had to do is open my mouth.    The defense isn’t helping either.   

The FRobby Jinx returns! But I suppose it was presaged in all those Yankee home runs despite the relatively low scores.

I’m not even mad anymore. I just wonder why Brandon doesn’t say, “you suck. Go out there and suck, but suck up five innings while you do it.” He thinks that Ynoa/Fry/Castro/Whoever Is going to be better than the guy they replaced. Are you watching, Mr Hyde?

Just leave the guy in. Do you have any illusions about him keeping the score down, or about us getting back in it? No, you just Gotta keep your other sucky guys reasonably fresh so that they can suck tomorrow.

He should’ve sent down everybody after tonight’s game.

Send down the bullpen, bring up another bullpen. Throw darts at a dartboard, try alphabetical order or height from shortest to tallest, with the caveat that Castro and Scott aren’t playing this game. Have them race each other with eggs in spoons, and the seven winners get a couple of days with the big club so they can suck for five innings at a time.

Have a tattoo contest. Seven best tattoos- or seven worst, it’s a long season, gotta try everything- get to come up for a little while, and when they’re not pitching they can practice shaking their fists at God.

And when they are pitching they can practice prayer.

seance.

sacrifice a chicken.

a chorus of Kum Bah Yah.

anything.

cant hurt.

Was thinking about Straily and I'm actually cautiously optimistic that he will get better as the year goes on, a la Alex Cobb last year. I don't think the late start helps any pitcher. And then if Cobb is actually able to come back healthy, you may have a decent patchwork rotation. Will be interesting to watch. I imagine Means will regress. But I think Cobb, if healthy, could start to match what Cashner is producing.

36 minutes ago, Bubble Buddy said:

Was thinking about Straily and I'm actually cautiously optimistic that he will get better as the year goes on, a la Alex Cobb last year. I don't think the late start helps any pitcher. And then if Cobb is actually able to come back healthy, you may have a decent patchwork rotation. Will be interesting to watch. I imagine Means will regress. But I think Cobb, if healthy, could start to match what Cashner is producing.

Well at least Straily isn’t getting paid $40+ million to be bad. I’m not expecting anything much from him, but it would be nice if a veteran starter the Orioles signed didn’t begin his Orioles tenure by bringing the gas can and matches. ?

Archived