The Silver Lining Report: Game 43/162 (O's lose 14-7)

interloper

Not great, Bob.

• Rio Ruiz: 2-run bomb! It's fun when he runs into one. He walked, too. OPS is .712. I think we probably would have all signed up for .712 out of Rio.

• Trey Mancini: Big ollllllllllllllllllllll 3-run bomb to put a 5-spot on Bauer, who I dislike with a passion. Trey would tack on a base knock and a walk later in the game. OPS .925. And folks think it'll be anyone other than Mancini representing the O's in the AS game? 

• Stevie Wilkerson: Our non-CF CF keeps hitting, at least. Big 2-run double to retake the lead briefly. OPS .771. 

• Dwight Smith Jr.: A 2-hit night for Dwight. Dwight's alright. 

• Richard Bleier: Welcome back, Dick! That's ok that you didn't pitch that well. Nobody did. 

• #1 Pick Watch: Our .326 is second only to Miami's .244 and their -96 run differential. Come on, Miami, damn. Y'all are embarrassing! 

One of the rougher ones so far this season, not gonna lie. But the offense battled and scored 7 runs, which is nice. 

38 minutes ago, interloper said:

Not great, Bob.

• Rio Ruiz: 2-run bomb! It's fun when he runs into one. He walked, too. OPS is .712. I think we probably would have all signed up for .712 out of Rio.

• Trey Mancini: Big ollllllllllllllllllllll 3-run bomb to put a 5-spot on Bauer, who I dislike with a passion. Trey would tack on a base knock and a walk later in the game. OPS .925. And folks think it'll be anyone other than Mancini representing the O's in the AS game? 

• Stevie Wilkerson: Our non-CF CF keeps hitting, at least. Big 2-run double to retake the lead briefly. OPS .771. 

• Dwight Smith Jr.: A 2-hit night for Dwight. Dwight's alright. 

• Richard Bleier: Welcome back, Dick! That's ok that you didn't pitch that well. Nobody did. 

• #1 Pick Watch: Our .326 is second only to Miami's .244 and their -96 run differential. Come on, Miami, damn. Y'all are embarrassing! 

One of the rougher ones so far this season, not gonna lie. But the offense battled and scored 7 runs, which is nice. 

This was also a silver lining when our masher was run over (but not injured) by big Hanser (the question) Alberto.  Phew!

CCFPKWle?format=jpg&name=600x314

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

This was also a silver lining when our masher was run over (but not injured) by big Hanser (the question) Alberto.  Phew!

CCFPKWle?format=jpg&name=600x314

"HEY! LOOK FOR THE BALL ON THE GROUND, NOT WHAT'S IN YOUR FACE!"

33 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is one of those games where I got distracted partway through, stopped watching and just...have no interest in learning how the opponent scored that many runs.

I think it might be because the pitching stinks, but I’m just guessing.

Also it was a game involving Straily. ?‍♂️

23 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think it might be because the pitching stinks, but I’m just guessing.

Also it was a game involving Straily. ?‍♂️

The defense had a lot to do with maximizing the damage, though I’m certainly not absolving the pitchers from blame.   

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is one of those games where I got distracted partway through, stopped watching and just...have no interest in learning how the opponent scored that many runs.

I was sort of watching and when Kipnis launched his second (his first two of the year, mind you,) my silver lining was turning off the action.  But, I foolishly brought it up on Gameday to keep an eye out.  For those that like long game times, this was also a (sic) sliver lining for them!  Hopefully, @interloper doesn't report me for deviating from the "positiveness" here @LA2  :leaving:

Archived