The 2019 records of infamy thread

Santandah

1) Chris Davis sets the hitless streak at 53.

2) Chris Davis sets the hitless streak to start a season at 49

3) AND NOW the O's are the fastest team ever to give up 100 home runs. 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26796852/o-pitching-staff-fastest-ever-allow-100-hrs

Baltimore's pitching staff, which was working its 48th game this season, reached triple digits nine games faster than the 2000 Kansas City Royals, who allowed their 100th home run in their 57th contest. The O's are on pace to surrender 338 homers this year, which would shatter the current record of 258, held by the 2016 Cincinnati Reds.

More than half of the home runs the Birds have given up this season have been hit by the Yankees and the Minnesota Twins. In 10 games against Baltimore, New York hitters have gone deep 29 times, including 20 times in five contests at Camden Yards. The Twins have 23 bombs in six games against the O's.

1 hour ago, Santandah said:

1) Chris Davis sets the hitless streak at 53.

2) Chris Davis sets the hitless streak to start a season at 49

3) AND NOW the O's are the fastest team ever to give up 100 home runs. 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26796852/o-pitching-staff-fastest-ever-allow-100-hrs

Wait til the starters start fighting for the individual all-time lead in homers allowed. Should be about the All-Star break...

The all time record for homers given up is going to be inevitable.  I don't see how the pitching gets significantly better, better enough to NOT set that record.  IIRC, they're so far ahead of the pace, it would take a significant regression to NOT set it.  

2 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

Is it wrong to bring up kids from AAA before they're ready? You would think anyone is better than what we got. If not we could be looking at a 120 loss season.

Yes, please don’t screw them up.

Let Elias run the rebuild his way. Panicking over the team to save some face this year isn’t the way to go. 

8 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

I wonder how long I have to wait to wear my Orioles gear without hearing insults from passers by. And I’m talking about in my own house!

Can you get a nice condo for a few years?   Maybe a mountain retreat for four years or so. Maybe cave dwelling? You can paint nice wall paintings of slain Oriole pitchers giving up homers .

9 hours ago, scOtt said:

The thread title should have about 50% higher volume and a ton of echo on "records of infamy."

The 2019 RECORDS-cords-cords OF-of-of IN-in-in-in-FAMY-my-my-my-my my thread

Today-ay-ay-ay I consider myself the unluckiest fan on the face of the Earth.

6 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Today-ay-ay-ay I consider myself the unluckiest fan on the face of the Earth.

I recall a Tim Conway routine involving an echo:  "TODAY-day-day-day-I AM RETIRING--tiring-tiring-tiring AT THE AGE--age-age-age OF FORTY EIGHT--fifty two-two-two...."  

Archived