2019 Atlanta Braves

OFFNY

o

(vs. CARDINALS, 5/26)

The Braves were 3 runs down heading into the 9th inning of tonight's nationally televised game against the Cardinals.

They came from behind to win in 10 innings.

This season, teams that have been trailing by 3 runs or more heading into the 9th inning have a record of 3-423 ........ with the Braves claiming 2 of those 3 wins.

SOURCE: ) ESPN Sportscenter

o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

o

(JULY 22nd)

'Dem Braves are having another good season atop the NL East.

After splitting 4 games with the Nationals in front of a combined 153,000 fans in northwest Georgia, they are standing tall with a 6 and-a-half game lead.

* )) I was wondering what Austin Wynns' picture was doing in this photo of SunTrust Stadium in a recent article about the team ........ I looked up his career game log, and he played against them last year in 2 of our 3 interleague games with the Braves last year (2018.)

Strange that they would have a picture of an opposing player of a team that they hardly ever play against (once every 3 years) in a recent article/thread.

Atlanta Braves Off-Day Open Thread

(By Kris Willis)

https://www.talkingchop.com/2019/7/22/20702739/atlanta-braves-off-day-open-thread

Atlanta Braves v Baltimore Orioles

o

• 2 weeks later...

So the Braves just promoted 2 20 year old OFers to their AAA team (Pache and Waters) and a pitcher (Ian Anderson) who turned 21 in May.  Is it that they just have superior very young talent, or are they more aggressive promoting players?  They did the same last year with various very young pitchers  - and I won't even mention how young Acuna and Riley are.  Any chance the O's organization ever looks like the Braves?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would guess the biggest decision they have to make entering the offseason is will they compete for Donaldson, who went vegan and everything on his power drive.

Despite the hiccups after the sensational debut, they probably want Riley as a regular somewhere to open 2020, and Nick's paths are a lot wider if Riley is 3B instead of LF.

If Donaldson goes, I think Nick has a good shot at at least a couple months while Drew Waters finishes.  Bonus bandwidth if Ender Inciarte doesn't return strong.

• Upvote 1