2019 3rd round pick (79): Zach Watson - CF - LSU

1 hour ago, Cy Bundy said:

They said his asking price last year was substantial, so I’d imagine he’s asking for the full amount. 

He was a sophomore last year. Now he's not. He has no leverage.

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

So why no pitchers?

When I think of the slop we’re throwing on the mound every day, I can’t imagine that we haven’t taken a single pitcher at all.

Our system is full of pitching prospects and this year's team has no bearing on how this draft is being performed.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Our system is full of pitching prospects and this year's team has no bearing on how this draft is being performed.

Ok. In that case, please let’s hurry and get some of the guys from the minors up on the big mound. It’s really hard to watch at times as you well know.

I would even be happy to see the low potential guys get called up just to have an opportunity to play in the big leagues for a little while, and who knows, one of them might show something.

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Ok. In that case, please let’s hurry and get some of the guys from the minors up on the big mound. It’s really hard to watch at times as you well know.

I would even be happy to see the low potential guys get called up just to have an opportunity to play in the big leagues for a little while, and who knows, one of them might show something.

Why would they start the clocks on anyone that may be of value?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Right, who cares if they deserve it, keep them all down until 2022.

I'm ok with guys who might benefit with a taste of the Bigs. I just see no reason to push it to "help the MLB team"

13 minutes ago, weams said:

I'm ok with guys who might benefit with a taste of the Bigs. I just see no reason to push it to "help the MLB team"

Seriously, though, there are a lot of guys who are just a bit more then organizational depth, who don’t have any real chance of ever appearing in the big leagues. The guys who DO have a chance of appearing in the Bigs Aren’t coming up anytime soon for various reasons. With that in mind, why not call up guys? They’re not good, they know it, we know it, they’re not going to help the team win, but they will be interesting, and they will be feel good stories.

Just now, Philip said:

Seriously, though, there are a lot of guys who are just a bit more then organizational depth, who don’t have any real chance of ever appearing in the big leagues. The guys who DO have a chance of appearing in the Bigs Aren’t coming up anytime soon for various reasons. With that in mind, why not call up guys? They’re not good, they know it, we know it, they’re not going to help the team win, but they will be interesting, and they will be feel good stories.

I don't like feel good stories, they give me gas.

Zach Watson, CF: LSU’s speedy, high-upside centerfielder was once ranked as LSU’s top draft prospect as a draft-eligible sophomore last year. The past two years haven’t gone exactly as expected for his draft hopes, but he’ll likely go early on Day Two somewhere in the 3-5 rounds. He’s hit .310 with seven home runs, 41 RBIs this season and is one of LSU’s best defensive players.

Nice 

• Upvote 1