2019 3rd round pick (79): Zach Watson - CF - LSU

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

College senior in the next round would get you around $500K, and I think there may still be a little left over from Adley that doesn't go to the other two yesterday.

Obviously some conversations with all three picks occurred last eve.

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Or, HS coaches either. 

More the travel coaches, right? High schools tend to have rules on pitch counts and days of rest and that sort of thing. But yeah, it is a minefield no matter what, want to get to professional coaches ASAP.

7 minutes ago, weams said:

Obviously some conversations with all three picks occurred last eve.

Yep, as well as conversations with potential overslot guys this morning. Leads me to believe that I am likely mistaken and that there won't be much left and Henderson will take most of Adley's underslot money. Or maybe they just love Watson, and/or he has agreed to a lower number and they will go big next round.

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

More the travel coaches, right? High schools tend to have rules on pitch counts and days of rest and that sort of thing. But yeah, it is a minefield no matter what, want to get to professional coaches ASAP.

That’s right, but not all schools follow those rules or have them in place. 

Travel ball is the single most contributing factor to arm injuries and injuries in general. Young bodies need a break from the repetitive motion in any particular sport.

4 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Actually, some college programs have gotten very good at development. It just depends on where these guys go.

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

10 games.

I think this is underslot, more of a 6th-8th round guy IMO.

Most places seem to have him in the 100-ish range, but I guess we will see.

Seems to me that picking 3/1 is a decent advantage because you have several hours to make offers and find a guy's number when you have the certainty of who is available. 

• Upvote 1