The Silver Lining Report: Game 60/162 (O's win 12-11)

interloper

A win is a win baby!

• ? Pedro Severino: 3-homer game!! Two of which were a b s o l u t e bombs. Seriously, please go watch the highlights. The swings on these dongs, good gracious. I audibly gasped while watching the game on the last two. Just... mm, chef's kiss. It's the first 3-homer game by a catcher in Orioles history. 

• ? Dwight Smith, Jr.: 6-RBI game!! What?! A 3-run bomb and a 3-run double. Ok!
  • Dylan Bundy: Good enough! 5 IP, 3 ER, 4 Ks, W. 4.64 ERA. 

• Mychal Givens: Sucks that he had to get up again, but he got it done, finally. Save number 5 for Givens who struck out both hitters he faced.

• Keon Broxton: Donggggg. A solo shot. Since joining the Orioles, he's slashing .281/.324/.594/.917 in 32 AB. Nice. He stole a base tonight in a double steal involving the next guy on the list.

• Richie Martin: 2-hit night! Stolen base! 

• Paul Fry: The only other bullpen guy besides Givens to be worth a damn in this one. Y'all, Paul Fry is one of the most indispensable players on this team. Recognize. 

• Hanser Alberto: A 4-5 night against his old team. What a weird player, man. He sort of reminds me of Miguel Tejada without the power. Doesn't walk, just gets hits, gives the finger to the BABIP gods like every single game. I love it. 

Archived