Adam Dunn

Sports Guy

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't (apparently) work out very hard, he didn't (for a long time) hit during the offseason, he doesn't watch film, he doesn't study mechanics. He's easily the single most disappointing player I've ever argued the Orioles should sign as a FA. It's an absolute shame that all that talent has been limited to eye-popping spurts of power, middling batting averages, and atrocious defense. Just a shame.

It's not that tragic. Except for the White Sox. 440 HRs and $100 + million earned is pretty good, I'd say.

Interesting to go back and read this thread.

Over the last five years, Dunn was paid $61 mil. for a grand total of .4 WAR or $152 mil./ WAR.!

Teixeira's return has been middling so far. 16.3 WAR, $109 mil. = $6.7 mil./WAR.

It's not that tragic. Except for the White Sox. 440 HRs and $100 + million earned is pretty good, I'd say.

Interesting to go back and read this thread.

Over the last five years, Dunn was paid $61 mil. for a grand total of .4 WAR or $152 mil./ WAR.!

Teixeira's return has been middling so far. 16.3 WAR, $109 mil. = $6.7 mil./WAR.

Teixeira has been disappointing since he's now on the equivalent of a 3/67 deal for his age 34-36 seasons and he has already been worth less than an average free agent at his price from 29-33.

Archived